Author Topic: CZ-75 Reduced Power Trigger Spring Install  (Read 4145 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: CZ-75 Reduced Power Trigger Spring Install
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2021, 04:21:07 AM »
I use a cheap and small needle nose plier
I filed a notch across both jaws   (I googled jaws, I'm not English spoken)
And then clamp the sping in the pliers with little force and I'm able to get the spring in with ease.

This is what works for me.  Let's me put the spring in position and get the slave pin into it.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline SoCal

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2021, 09:07:54 AM »
Here is the tool I have, worth it if you shoot competition with CZ's.

https://store.dot40.net/competition-arena/eemann-tech-4724/eemann-tech-trigger-spring-tool-3459555

U tube video of it in use.

They also make a sear spring tool that has a magnet in it to prevent to the dreaded "SPRONG" and crawling around on all fours trying to find the spring.
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline mkd

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2021, 01:41:08 PM »
 slave pin works well

Offline 2ToeRacing

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2021, 03:59:52 PM »
^^^^^yep that's the guy. Has any tried this tool out?
Thanks
     Barry

Offline Tok36

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2021, 04:12:49 PM »
While to tool looks neat, it has a cost ($30.00). I am unclear how it is a significant improvement over using a free slave pin.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline SoCal

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2021, 10:17:17 AM »
Using a slave pin still requires compressing the spring into place prior to inserting the slave pin,  This captures the spring allowing it to be pushed into place without risking having it flying off into space.  No need to use a slave pin, it makes replacing the trigger spring a 2 minute job.  As I said IF you shoot competition with different CZ's it is a time saver, for one or two Cajun installs not a big deal.

FOR ME not having to pull the trigger up far enough to use the slave pin makes it worth it, just push the (Cajun Gun Works free floating) pin part way out, remove the old spring and in with the new, DONE.
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline freeman21

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2021, 07:48:26 AM »
I learn this lesson after a good 1.5 hours try to do it my self and still can't put them together
 first you need a vise to hold the frame, slave pin make the job easier and if you can have your wife help you to insert a floating pin you  can finish the job in 5 min.

Offline mkd

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2021, 07:21:44 AM »
i use a hockey puck or two with holes drilled thru them for all the removing of the sear cage or pins from the frame if i need to. cheap and works for me.