Author Topic: P-01 CGW Pro Package install  (Read 1532 times)

Offline downtown0309

Re: P-01 CGW Pro Package install
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 06:25:35 PM »
Thanks, that was it. After I de-stressed a little, I took the top set screw out completely and reinstalled it. Works great now. Silver lining to this is now I'm a pro at installing the trigger spring! ;)

Offline Tok36

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 07:03:40 PM »
Thanks, that was it. After I de-stressed a little, I took the top set screw out completely and reinstalled it. Works great now. Silver lining to this is now I'm a pro at installing the trigger spring! ;)

Glad that you got it working, tinkering with CZs is fun.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline pcar157

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2021, 09:01:01 AM »
downtown0309, while doing the CGW Pro Package Install, you might also consider installing a lighter recoil spring. I think Cajun has a 14# for these guns on their site.
Just sayin'

Offline TrackRider54

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2021, 09:49:54 AM »
Much of the hype about how difficult CZs are to work on is just that...hype. Yes, they have lots of little small parts and springs that you need to keep up with. Zip lock bags and a sharpie come in handy if you aren't going to be immediately re-assembling. Also having the right tools is MAJORLY helpful. If you are going to take apart the sear cage, GET THE SLAVE PIN. It's $5 from CGW and it makes things SO much easier. Having the right size punches is important.

While you can't disassemble a CZ with a Bic pen cap like you can a Glock, it's really not that daunting. Everything fits together nicely and it's very difficult to put something in the wrong place. Be careful on the P-01 as it has a small little "disc" washer on the sear cage in that the SP-01 doesn't have. Getting it out is easy, but make sure you have your sear pin fully seated before you try to put it back in. It's a little booger to get back in....and it's a tiny little part.

When I put the Pro Package in my P-01 I got the pleasure of re-assembling the sear cage twice. As after I put everything back together, I notice the tiny little hammer pin keeper sitting on my mat. bleep it! Back apart it came. And while I could have used the sear slave pin to remove the sear cage as a unit, it can be finicky to get the slave pin in just right and honestly re-assembling the sear cage isn't that scary or time consuming if you watch the videos and learn the tricks. The CGW video shows it done in like 2 minutes.