Author Topic: Alternative iron sights  (Read 6151 times)

Offline Northern

Alternative iron sights
« on: April 19, 2021, 01:52:20 PM »

I have original CZ iron sights on my Scorpion carbine and Magpul MBUS flip up (high) sights on my Scorpion pistol.

I’d like to hear about experience and recommendations of alternative iron sights. Has anyone use Troy HK-style fixed or flip-up sights or other aftermarket versions of HK sights, including diopter sights? Any other alternatives out there?

Offline dmwevo

Re: Alternative iron sights
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 09:55:37 PM »
Same here.  I have both and S1 and S2 and really like the original CZ Scorpion sights over the Magpuls.   

Stribog sights might be a options...  https://globalordnance.com/grand-power-hard-fiber-optic-sights-for-stribog/

If the attachment nut was on the passenger side I would try a set.  I just think my knuckle would suffer like it is on the left side.
Honey, just one more gun?  Oh, and 3 more mags?

Offline Vee12

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 11:33:24 PM »
I used the Troy HK style flip ips on my Scorpion and love them. Super high quality...best (quality-wise) of any rail mounted sight I have tried. Co-witnesses (or lower 1/3) well with any red dot. Highly recommend them.

Offline Inspector 12

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 01:49:03 AM »
I have tried taller flip ups on my Evo 3 S1 and my Carbine but have decided I much prefer the stock CZ sights to any alternatives. I like being able to see the factory sights through the mount of the red dots that I run on them

Offline dmwevo

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 11:21:51 PM »
So does anybody have a line on factory CZ Scorpion iron sights?
Honey, just one more gun?  Oh, and 3 more mags?

Offline alp3367

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 09:31:35 AM »
So does anybody have a line on factory CZ Scorpion iron sights?

Out of stock on fronts right now but you can sign up to get emailed when back in stock.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/cz-products/scorpion-evo-3-s1/sights.html

Offline Northern

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 01:47:05 PM »
I managed to get the factory sights zeroed... it’s weird I couldn’t get the front sight to go low enough but now it’s fine.
Now it’s time for optics on the carbine. I’m weighing between LPVO, red dot with magnifier, and fixed magnification prism. So many options! I have a red dot on my pistol so want something a bit different on the carbine, even if same but with magnifier.

Offline G230d

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 08:39:11 PM »

I have original CZ iron sights on my Scorpion carbine and Magpul MBUS flip up (high) sights on my Scorpion pistol.

I’d like to hear about experience and recommendations of alternative iron sights. Has anyone use Troy HK-style fixed or flip-up sights or other aftermarket versions of HK sights, including diopter sights? Any other alternatives out there?

The Troy low profile HK sights are the teetz! Pricey but I like a LOW sight picture.

Offline Pondwater

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 08:05:49 AM »
I managed to get the factory sights zeroed... it’s weird I couldn’t get the front sight to go low enough but now it’s fine.
Now it’s time for optics on the carbine. I’m weighing between LPVO, red dot with magnifier, and fixed magnification prism. So many options! I have a red dot on my pistol so want something a bit different on the carbine, even if same but with magnifier.

I ran in to the same issue.  Bottomed out on the front sight.  This was zeroing at 10 yards, as the round I am shooting has the same POI at 10 and 35, which is a good pairing for USPSA.

After a full disassembly/reassembly including taking off the handguard, the POI shifted and I had to bring the front sight up a bit.  Now it's good to go.

anything