Author Topic: Subcompact DA/SA  (Read 7480 times)

Offline dannyvi

Subcompact DA/SA
« on: April 22, 2021, 01:35:41 AM »
Someone should build one just as thin as the Hellcat or Sig p365!!i would be all over it!!

Offline MeatAxe

Re: Subcompact DA/SA
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 01:43:46 PM »
Someone should build one just as thin as the Hellcat or Sig p365!!i would be all over it!!

Aside from the Rami, the H&K P30sk?

If it was optic ready from the factory, I’d be all over one of those right now.

Otherwise, besides the Rami, Sig P224, Beretta PX4, Sphinx, Bersa?

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/6-dasa-subcompacts-for-concealed-carry/

Unfortunately, a lot of these subcompact DA/SA pistols, including the Rami, have been discontinued as the trend has been towards the plastic, striker-fired fad.

Also, unfortunately, none of the DA/SA subcompacts have come “optics ready” from the factory, unlike a few of the striker guns, which is probably the biggest step forward in handguns. I guess there’s always CGW...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 12:35:26 AM by MeatAxe »

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 01:47:08 AM »
I do have the Beretta PX4 in compact and the HK P30SK.Love it but still too thick! Thinking of something like thinner an inch thickness like the Sig  P365. Not into striker fired as I feel that DA/SA is just as good when in the SA mode. Same nice trigger pull!

Offline polecat

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 10:34:09 AM »

Spot on! Would even like a poly CZ micro ish “2011”

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 11:06:51 AM »

My XDe is about as thin as I would want a firearm.  Great D/A trigger and the S/A is smooth and light.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt

Offline dwhite

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 03:27:16 PM »
I agree. I'd be all over something like that in a heartbeat!

Unfortunately I don't think I represent the vast majority of shooters who all seem to prefer plastic-fantastic striker fired guns.

So for now I carry my P-01 when I can and my S&W Shield when I have to (I've owned and then sold a Sig P365. Not a bad gun, but I just preferred the Shield).

Naturally, I shoot the P-01 MUCH better than the Shield.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 05:10:55 PM »
It was written here almost ad nauseam that CZ should offer a sub-compact version of the P07.  But apparently CZ is unfortunately hard of hearing in this regard. 
Or we should write it here much more often according to the motto: Constant dripping wears away the stone.  ;D

CZ never could make enough Rami BDs to keep in stock - flew off the shelves. The safety models, not so much, but they continued to make them instead of more BDs for some stupid reason. Kind of like buying Colt and keeping their management with the idea of rebuilding the plant in CT instead of taking the name and moving everything to new facilities down South. Dumb.

A Rami II, optics ready with a rail would be a winner...but noooooo, they’ve got to make plastique Glock clones.

CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 03:03:06 PM »
Not a Subcompact, but I added a new HK 45C to the collection yesterday. She is Ultra Sweet.  8)

Offline Northern

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 04:18:21 PM »
@cz_fanatic, I have one too. You will love it. Problem these days is that .45 ammunition is exceedingly scarce.

CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 06:04:18 PM »
@cz_fanatic, I have one too. You will love it. Problem these days is that .45 ammunition is exceedingly scarce.

Oh yeah, a totally awesome handgun. I have developed a serious HK Addiction. Deutschland!  8)

Offline Northern

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2021, 11:40:20 AM »
Is it DA/SA or LEM?

CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2021, 07:21:17 PM »
Is it DA/SA or LEM?

DA/SA on this one.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2021, 09:43:21 PM »
Not a Subcompact, but I added a new HK 45C to the collection yesterday. She is Ultra Sweet.  8)

I have a 45C V3 and love it. Butter-smooth trigger and so ridiculously accurate it even makes my shooting look good.  :D

As for whether CZ is listening to feedback about demand for a sub-com DA/SA or not, I wouldn't say that they aren't listening. I'd just say they remain unconvinced it has sufficient market appeal. A handful of CZ fanatics on this forum asking for one is hardly represents a large segment of the market. Like it or not, it's not what the vast majority of gun buyers are asking for. The P30SK is probably as close as you're going to get, and it's a really good option, actually.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 12:14:54 AM by Hammer Time »

Offline sevt_chevelle

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2021, 10:22:35 PM »
Ramis in my area sat on the shelf and collected dust.
IMO the rami was a dud, I'll take the PCR any day of week over a rami and twice on Sunday over a p365.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2021, 03:08:36 AM »
Ramis in my area sat on the shelf and collected dust.
IMO the rami was a dud, I'll take the PCR any day of week over a rami and twice on Sunday over a p365.

Huh...not sure how a pistol in continuous production for 17 years could be considered a dud. If anything, the Rami BD was just too hard to find, or maybe too hard to make in this era of cheap (to make) plastique and MIM subcompact striker pistols.

The only Ramis I’ve seen sit on the shelf at a LGS for any length of time have been the B “safety” model 2075s, which are not nearly as desirable as the de-cocker BD model, which has developed a cult following. I don’t know why CZ made the safety model Rami in any numbers - they certainly weren’t nearly as popular as the BD. Usually, the BDs got snapped up pretty fast from distributors, gunwatcher, etc. as soon as they arrived in the US. Occasionally, you might find one in some out of the way gunshop where the clientele are ignorant of what they are. I found two 2020 BDs a few months ago in a LGS in a little podunk town - of course I snapped them right up PDQ since they aren’t being made right now. Hopefully, CZ will bring the Rami back in the near future - updated with a rail and optics ready! One can hope...or send their Rami to CGW...
« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 03:38:11 AM by MeatAxe »

anything