Author Topic: Subcompact DA/SA  (Read 4418 times)

Offline MeatAxe

Re: Subcompact DA/SA
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2021, 11:46:49 PM »
I like about every CZ handgun there is ..... except the RAMI.  Just something about it I do not like.  CZ compact or P-01 is my favorite EDC CZ.  P-07 my favorite range CZ, although a P-09 at a goodw deal would be a consideration.
Have you actually shot a Rami? The short grip can be remedied by an extended floor plate.
And this is EXACTLY the downfall for those of us who don't like the RAMI. If we need to add a floorplate/mag extension to make the gun comfortable too shoot then it becomes no more concealable than a standard compact at that point and the PCR or P-01 are the better option.

Of course, this is a thread about SUBCOMPACT DA/SA pistols. Maybe you guys should start a thread about (barely) compact pistols....
And when you start adding grip extensions to subcompact pistols to make them fit a man's hands they are no longer SUBCOMPACT so then we could include the no longer subcompact Rami with extension  in that thread too.

The extended floor plate on my Rami only extends 1/4” lower, which makes the grip 3/4” shorter than my P-01, plus the slide is 1” shorter, so...still subcompact.

But show us on the anatomically-correct doll what the bad Rami did to you to make you hate it so.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2021, 05:16:54 AM »
I like about every CZ handgun there is ..... except the RAMI.  Just something about it I do not like.  CZ compact or P-01 is my favorite EDC CZ.  P-07 my favorite range CZ, although a P-09 at a goodw deal would be a consideration.
Have you actually shot a Rami? The short grip can be remedied by an extended floor plate.
And this is EXACTLY the downfall for those of us who don't like the RAMI. If we need to add a floorplate/mag extension to make the gun comfortable too shoot then it becomes no more concealable than a standard compact at that point and the PCR or P-01 are the better option.

Of course, this is a thread about SUBCOMPACT DA/SA pistols. Maybe you guys should start a thread about (barely) compact pistols....
And when you start adding grip extensions to subcompact pistols to make them fit a man's hands they are no longer SUBCOMPACT so then we could include the no longer subcompact Rami with extension  in that thread too.

The extended floor plate on my Rami only extends 1/4” lower, which makes the grip 3/4” shorter than my P-01, plus the slide is 1” shorter, so...still subcompact.

But show us on the anatomically-correct doll what the bad Rami did to you to make you hate it so.
We already told you what we don't like. You simply can't handle the fact that the Rami is gone and you can't make others like the same thing as you. You and others like the pistol while others do not and really it's not a hard concept for most of us to understand. There's a reason the market is as diverse as it is.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 06:09:31 AM by SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM »

Offline BarkingAnt

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2021, 09:32:48 AM »
I have to ask this: has anyone ever shot a .40 S&W Rami? What's the recoil like? I have a Tristar c-100 in 40, recoil is no worse than a .40 75B. I imagine Rami recoil would be more pronounced.

i DO look like my avatar

Offline alp3367

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2021, 10:42:07 AM »
I have to ask this: has anyone ever shot a .40 S&W Rami? What's the recoil like? I have a Tristar c-100 in 40, recoil is no worse than a .40 75B. I imagine Rami recoil would be more pronounced.

I've shot the old poly framed one. It's...stout. I would not recommend. There is a reason it's no longer made.

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2021, 07:02:35 PM »

I've shot the old poly framed one. It's...stout. I would not recommend. There is a reason it's no longer made.
The polymer framed Rami was discontinued long ago as they had issues with the frames. The metal framed Rami was/is a solid performer albeit just not my cup.

Offline BarkingAnt

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2021, 09:19:03 AM »

Thanks for info, I've eyeballed them wondering. Bought a 10mm Double Eagle a long time ago, it was more than I wanted for a defensive pistol and I traded it back in for a .45 ACP.
i DO look like my avatar

Offline DW06

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2021, 08:58:38 AM »
I like about every CZ handgun there is ..... except the RAMI.  Just something about it I do not like.  CZ compact or P-01 is my favorite EDC CZ.  P-07 my favorite range CZ, although a P-09 at a good deal would be a consideration.

That's because the Rami is basically straight in the back compared to the nice rounded hump a P-01 has.  You can use the Handgun Hero website to overlay them on top of each other and see for yourself.  Side by side they're very noticeable to me, both in hand and by eye; it makes the Rami very off-putting to me too.

I've read somewhere that CZ would run into import restrictions if they tried to bring in smaller guns, which is why they don't make single stacks.  Anyone know if that's correct?

Offline newageroman

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2021, 09:30:48 AM »
yes, but that was before they opened up a US location last year.
I'm patiently waiting for a single stack sub from them WITH a hammer of course..
75B-ZomBullShadow SAO Build (current fav)
SP-01-SAO-compedOpenMajor w/DOT
97B stock for now
SAR copies
..others..

Offline DW06

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2021, 07:45:58 PM »
Ty for the info!  And yes to hammer from me... But I highly doubt it'll happen

Offline CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2021, 08:24:05 PM »
I Purchased the Very Best Subcompact Today  8)
HK P30SK LEM Trigger

CZ: 97 BD / 75 B Ω / 75 SP-01 / 75 P-01 Ω / ODG P-07 / FDE P-10C
HK: USP Elite 45 / USP Tactical 45 / USP 45 LEM(2) / HK45 / HK45CT / HK45C / USP Expert 9 / USP 9C / P30L 9 LEM / P30S 9 / P30S 40 / VP9Match / ODG VP9 / VP40

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2021, 01:12:37 AM »
^ Great choice. I think that if you want a sub-com DA/SA pistol, the P30SK is one of the best options available these days.

« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2021, 05:16:20 AM »
I Purchased the Very Best Subcompact Today  8)
HK P30SK LEM Trigger

Very nice. Let us know how it shoots for you. I thought I wanted one a couple years ago until I actually handled one. Then not so much.

Offline CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2021, 08:18:01 AM »
I love the ergonomics. With the medium backstrap and side plates, she fits my hand like a glove.
CZ: 97 BD / 75 B Ω / 75 SP-01 / 75 P-01 Ω / ODG P-07 / FDE P-10C
HK: USP Elite 45 / USP Tactical 45 / USP 45 LEM(2) / HK45 / HK45CT / HK45C / USP Expert 9 / USP 9C / P30L 9 LEM / P30S 9 / P30S 40 / VP9Match / ODG VP9 / VP40

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2021, 08:45:44 AM »
I love the ergonomics. With the medium backstrap and side plates, she fits my hand like a glove.
I really like the gun but like the Rami the grip was just too short for me otherwise I would have definitely bought one.

Offline Northern

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2021, 11:27:17 AM »
I have one, too, also LEM, and I love it. Have both versions of the ten round mag as well as 13 and 15 round extended mags; and I recently picked up a VP9SK. As to the comment about shooting them, I’ve enjoyed shooting both every bit as much as shooting my P-01.