Author Topic: NRA is in trouble & TheReload.Com  (Read 20068 times)

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
NRA is in trouble & TheReload.Com
« on: April 22, 2021, 11:02:24 AM »
A new website TheReload.Com is digging into the trouble at the NRA. An on-going history of gross mis-management of funds (multiple cases of embezzlement) has come to light in the NY State bankruptcy trial which the NRA is currently engaged in. The NY court could appoint a trustee to run the NRA when they rule on April 30. You may wish to read about this.

https://thereload.com/nra-board-calls-emergency-meeting-as-bankruptcy-revelations-mount/

The place to do it is TheReload.Com, becasue the NRA is certainly not going to report anything negative about themselves. This is fair, balanced reporting on gun-related issues by people INSIDE the gun industry. As such they are sensitive to gun issues and don't have a political "ax to grind". So it's the one place you can find unbiased reporting on gun issues.

https://thereload.com/

;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 01:18:28 PM by Wobbly »
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline terhiat

Re: NRA is in trouble & TheReload.Com
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 11:14:18 AM »
The NRA has been a terrible organization for a while now. This doesn't surprise me.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 01:31:34 PM »
The embezzlement (as bad as it is) is not what gets me. It's the hiring of top people who were fired from previous jobs for embezzlement. Obviously there is a culture of being less than straight forward and truthful about money.

Offline Doodycycle

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 02:41:24 PM »
I have not trusted the NRA for quite some time. Nevertheless, I can just about guarantee that the lawsuits in NY have absolutely nothing to do with embezzlement. That is, while embezzlement may exist, that is not the motivation behind the legal action. The NRA has always been the most effective impediment to gun grabbers. Do not think for one second that they do not relish this opportunity to destroy that impediment. It is ceratainly nothing for us to celebrate. Just my two cents, I reckon.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 06:41:22 PM »
I have not trusted the NRA for quite some time. Nevertheless, I can just about guarantee that the lawsuits in NY have absolutely nothing to do with embezzlement. That is, while embezzlement may exist, that is not the motivation behind the legal action. The NRA has always been the most effective impediment to gun grabbers. Do not think for one second that they do not relish this opportunity to destroy that impediment. It is ceratainly nothing for us to celebrate. Just my two cents, I reckon.
I agree completely. I do hate to see the NRA in this condition but I'd hate to see the stinking government win in any capacity. The NRA has been the front group fighting the anti's for decades and they would certainly love to bring them down.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 06:43:25 PM »
The embezzlement (as bad as it is) is not what gets me. It's the hiring of top people who were fired from previous jobs for embezzlement. Obviously there is a culture of being less than straight forward and truthful about money.
You just described our local, state and federal governments countrywide to a T. Among other groups who pilfer money they didn't earn.

Offline thelastbill

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 08:04:27 PM »
The devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 01:17:40 PM »
The State of NY has been hostile to guns and gun owners for decades. Several big gun makers have left the state over the last decade. The recent break-up of Remington will probably bring even more. While I understand that NY used to be the center of US shooting around 1900, that has changed. Why the NRA hasn't moved its charter before now is simply beyond me.

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 03:43:42 PM »
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, or not much of one anyway...but I admit that I suspect many institutions are the target of a deep smear campaign. Given the side the bulk of the media is on, the truth gets twisted and/or over or under reported as needed.

Sure, there has been mismanagement at the NRA. I think there is from time to time in any organization that size. But like someone else said, I'll take the NRA any day over the antis.

Just my opinion, which together with two cents will give you two pennies.
It's not saving any water if you have to flush it over and over....

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 05:47:57 PM »

Wait, are you talking about the government or NRA? ;D

Offline dwhite

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 07:49:28 PM »
The thing is that we need the NRA; even if in name only. They're the boogie man to the gun-grabbers who will feel even more emboldened if the NRA is gone.

Most of us know that other organizations (GOA and many others) are currently more deserving of our financial support; but they don't come close to the "name value" of the NRA. I pray for a new and improved NRA without Wayne-and-company.

Having said that; I will donate nothing more to the NRA until Wayne is gone.

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 09:22:22 PM »
The thing is that we need the NRA; even if in name only. They're the boogie man to the gun-grabbers who will feel even more emboldened if the NRA is gone.

Most of us know that other organizations (GOA and many others) are currently more deserving of our financial support; but they don't come close to the "name value" of the NRA. I pray for a new and improved NRA without Wayne-and-company.

Having said that; I will donate nothing more to the NRA until Wayne is gone.

You are 100% correct. In every respect.

What bothers me, and what might cost me friends, is what I see behind at least some of the comments related to the NRA.

The thing is there is probably no more opinionated, to include for minor reasons- disapproving group...than gun owners. In that I think that the overall concept of whatever it takes to keep our rights, sometimes gets lost. In the simplest terms, that which helps us is good- even if only a little bit. That which hurts us is bad, even if only a little bit (even if it is someone's idea of being more "pure to the cause"

The enemy of my enemy...is my friend...to some extent anyway. I can think of better ways to show my displeasure at the scandals of the NRA, than abandoning the organization.

Some will disagree, hopefully they can see we are on the same side. I fear that disagreement will be used against us all.
It's not saving any water if you have to flush it over and over....

Offline Dan_69GTX

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2021, 12:20:35 PM »
There also are other organizations that lobby in favor of gun rights:

Gun Owners of America  www.gunowners.org
Virginia Citizens Defense Leage   VCDL - www.vcdl.org
American Suppressor Association  www.americansuppressorassociation.com

If you know of others, I'd be interested to hear about them.

Thanks!
Some trust in chassis, Some in Horsepower, But we trust in the Lord our God.

If it goes "boom" or "vroom" I'm intersted.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2021, 08:58:48 AM »
If you know of others, I'd be interested to hear about them.

Georgia Carry is a very active 2A supporter working within GA. They've had huge success overturning city and county anti-2A laws based on the Georgia Constitution.  - http://www.georgiacarry.org/

If you live in Georgia, then you need to join.

Offline mrcabinet

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2021, 09:33:36 PM »
The only reason I pay dues to the NRA is that the gun club I belong to requires it, since their insurance is through them. A few months ago the board started looking into alternatives but, unfortunately, there aren't many options out there.

I truly hope that the NRA gets cleaned up and flourishes. As others have said, the name alone is a major thorn in the anti's rear end.
No matter where you're going, there you are.

anything