Author Topic: Friday problem solved, P-10F, P-10S at 100 yards  (Read 690 times)

Offline Joe L

Friday problem solved, P-10F, P-10S at 100 yards
« on: May 02, 2021, 08:37:52 PM »
Well, I think I am back to shooting OK at 100 yards with the plastic pistols.  The problem was using the creased rifle rear bag instead of my usual hard surface wrist rest.  Confirmed with fair results this morning.  The improvement in reduced vertical spread was evident with the first 5 shots from the P-10F and then confirmed with the P-10S. 

Now, lack of practice for two months prevented me from shooting any sub 4" five shot groups, but I did OK, considering.  The spread was more horizontal than vertical today, just the opposite of the Friday session.  Here is a 5 minute video with a little more explanation and targets from each pistol. 

I might get to try 200 yards on Monday morning, depending on actual wind conditions. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
Re: Friday problem solved, P-10F, P-10S at 100 yards
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 08:46:40 PM »
I always feel so inadequate after I watch your videos.  Great shooting.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2021, 10:01:10 PM »
Thanks, Fuzzy.  I have good days, I have bad days.  Don't do many videos of the bad days!
Joe

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 07:50:28 AM »
Joe, only you need to see the bad videos.  Unless there is a learning point to share in them.

I do that with targets.  I keep spending time/money on the darn FNS and M&P pistols trying to get them to shoot like the P07/P09 and nothing works.  Won't go into the details of the parts and the load work ups.  Just wanted to say that I come home with all the targets.  The bad targets don't get shared in my range reports most of the time.  No purpose in it.  Pulling the P07 out, shooting a nice group with it proves to me the aftermarket parts and load work ups are not making those other brands shoot better groups, so why posts an ugly group.  I just say, "bad day, nothing worked well but the P07 in my IWB holster when it told me I can still shoot good groups - with a good pistol.

Just bought a S&W PC ported slide/barrel kit for the 1.0 9MM as well as Apex trigger and MCarbo spring kit for it.  If this doesn't work, I'm done with the full sized M&Ps in 9MM and .40.  The darn little Shield 9Mm shoots better groups than the big guns (except that 2.0 .45)  Years of money and who knows how much time.  Maybe I'm a "slow learner."

Keep it up Joe.  It's the journey that's important.  Only along the journey do you keep learning and as long as you're learning, you're living.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Joe L

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 08:19:11 AM »
Thanks, M1A4ME. 

A little further explanation.  The wrist rest change was the primary problem here on Friday but the P-10F was also pretty cruddy at the chamber end and so that made the P-10F results vertical spread a little greater than normal on Sunday and Monday even after going back to my old wrist rest setup. 

Another change for the videos.  I handed off my old Canon camcorders to my nephew two weeks ago and now I'm using some much better cameras for both the target and shooter positions.  What I was using was very light and convenient $200 Canon tiny sensor somewhat expendable camcorders.  Now I'm using my mirrorless interchangeable lens micro four thirds Olympus cameras with external recorders and they are working perfectly.  I think I've used the new gear for the last four or five videos. 

Joe

anything