Author Topic: 97b trigger pull improvement options  (Read 1968 times)

Offline tdogg

Re: 97b trigger pull improvement options
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2021, 01:16:00 AM »
The trigger pull wall weight, creep , the length of pull from the Wall to it going bang.   It hangs up at the wall vs a crisp click I’d like

It’s not a horrible trigger as is.  But it’s not in the same category as my S2,Tso or a01-ld

Of course it’s 1/2 price if most of those too.  I’m fine paying $300 for the Cajun kit
Trigger pull weight and creep = race hammer

Trigger pull weight = main spring

Length of pull = reach reduction kit

The cajun pro kit has both of these included.

I'd polish the action when installing the kit.   Fairly straight forward.

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This forum rocks!

Offline mkd

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2021, 04:24:20 PM »
battering ram. i did my firsy cz pistol 9 yrs ago and last year did my second one. i sat it on the desk next to my computer and followed along the videos on youtube to disassemble and install all the new parts and smooth out the appropriate pieces. i started, stopped,replayed, and searched till i found the videos that worked for me. they are out there and fine people have paved the way .

Offline battering ram

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2021, 03:09:02 PM »
Did the Cajun pro pack today.  Polished my trigger bar and hammer spring guide rod.  So many small parts!!   Almost lost the trigger spring when it went flying.  Otherwise went perfect. I used the video a few responses above for dissembly and reassembly.  Perfect videos.

Much improved.  Not quite as good as a S2 but not far off.  The adjustable trigger is very sweet.  Reset is still pretty long.  But I’m not a speed shooter anyways. Double action is still nothing like a S2. It’s heavy.  Much improved.  But I’d guess 8-9lbs.  I never shoot DA anyways

Glad I did the kit.  Recommend it. Turned single action into super crisp and I’d guess a 3lb trigger pull.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2021, 04:10:29 PM »
   Glad to hear that things went well, it should continue to improve as you put rounds through it. Make sure not to set the overtravel set scerw too tight. An extra 1/4 - 1/2 a turn after the Hammer will drop, is advised to maintain sufficient Hammer hook to Sear clearance. Setting things too tight can wear the parts more quickly.

Thank you for the follow up, we all learn from this stuff.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline newageroman

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2021, 09:20:34 PM »
Sweet, glad to hear it went well. For the springs I use the "dis-assemble in plastic bag" trick. If you never shoot DA then why not SAO?
75B-ZomBullShadow SAO Build (current fav)
SP-01-SAO-compedOpenMajor w/DOT
97B stock for now
SAR copies
..others..

Offline battering ram

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2021, 09:23:28 PM »
How much better would it have been?

Offline battering ram

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2021, 10:20:01 PM »
Shot the gun finally tonight.  At 15 yards shot in the same hole. Easiest shooting .45.   If it was a 13-15 round gun I think it would be much more popular.  It’s a great gun.  Even with my trigger improvements it’s not a .45 S2.  But it’s nicer than a basic grade .45 trigger.  Cz should fix a few things and re-release it.  Up the mag capacity , change the grip so you can reach the mag release and slide stop

Worth owning as is

Offline newageroman

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2021, 07:05:27 PM »
totally agree on the mag cap thing. I dunno if they can do anything else without widening the frame though. then the regular 75 parts are out.
there are mag extensions.
75B-ZomBullShadow SAO Build (current fav)
SP-01-SAO-compedOpenMajor w/DOT
97B stock for now
SAR copies
..others..

Offline sevt_chevelle

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 09:50:47 PM »
You can add an extended mag release and extended slide stop.
You have to remember the gun was designed during the AWB and hi cap ban, that's why it's limited to 10 rds.

Offline Steve Menegon

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 07:59:48 AM »
You can add an extended mag release and extended slide stop.
You have to remember the gun was designed during the AWB and hi cap ban, that's why it's limited to 10 rds.
What he said.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline battering ram

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2021, 06:42:18 PM »
Yes it’s released during Awb.  But that was 28 years ago. They can change the design to accommodate more. Not too much to ask.  28 years is a long time.  They could have Redone it multiple times already and be like Glock on gen 5

Offline kknickmeyer

« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2021, 04:53:38 PM »
 Just did the MCarbo spring set on my 97BD. Double and single action are much improved. They have an easy to follow step by step on youtube that walks you through it. It's the same set of springs and pins as the 75BD. Kurt

Offline sevt_chevelle

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2021, 06:28:59 PM »
That design change would require a whole new gun or at least a new lower.
The 1911 is over a 100 years and due to its design is restricted to 8rds. 
The glock was not designed during the AWB and therefore not round restricted.
The gen changes are not some huge complete design overhaul. A gen 1 glock is not all that different than the gen 5.

Id be willing bet, the 97 is not a huge selling gun for CZ.  Therefore the incentive to invest R&D into adding 3 rds is nonexistent.

anything