Author Topic: Sub gun range bags?  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Das Hugh!

Re: Sub gun range bags?
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2021, 09:30:31 PM »
Ok sweet. Now I know thanks. There's an academy nearby and I'll check it out on way home.. later bud thanks

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2021, 06:20:19 PM »
Ok.. here it is.. so far anyways. Just built it today. Pretty neat little rascal. Not even gonna bother wasting ammo shooting it till the brace arrives tho lol. So I'm gonna shop around for micro bags for it. And if anyone has any suggestions for anything this size let me know please.

Offline Phyffe

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 12:25:12 PM »
Wow. Compact as heck. How high is that? You can fit that in a number of discrete bags if you dont mind sacrificing quick release.

Here is what I finally wound up ordering

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JM3L5J3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
CZ SP-01 Shadow
CZ P10-S
CZ 75B
CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Carbine
Mossberg Model 500 Bullpup

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 01:20:57 PM »
Very nice choice. Did a little browsing of racquet bags other day and noticed they even make 2-4-6-8 chambered versions of the bags. Be really cool for those who want to carry multiple smg/pdws in a single bag. I like too how that bag has dual shoulder straps. Be great for bugging out when needed and range use. I'll have to re-measure the dimensions of this little pdw tho when I get back home. But think it's right at 12" long.. and about 9" total high with the current romeo 4s optic. The brace I bought should arrive today and I'll assemble it and do official test fire and final measurements.  I'll post them too if ya like. For now I'll send a side by side comparison so ya get an idea of it's size. But may mount a smaller optic soon. I have a romeo zero that would be perfect but just need to find a pic rail adapter for it. Or buy a little vortex venom etc. Still bag shopping tho lol

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2021, 01:21:53 PM »
As u see most bags will eat this thing alive lol

Offline Phyffe

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2021, 03:35:35 AM »

Yes, with a lot of bags you could carry it with the stock extended, LOL
CZ SP-01 Shadow
CZ P10-S
CZ 75B
CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Carbine
Mossberg Model 500 Bullpup

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2021, 08:34:16 AM »
Ikr lol. Literally!.. was in wally world last night tho and said what the heck and decided to check what they had and I'll be darned if they didn't have a perfect little sized bag for it. So have one for range now. Need one for car too. But yep this will do nicely for now lol. Good Ole wally world!

Offline Kraut783

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2021, 08:44:51 PM »
Add a foam cut out to give the backpack shape and protect the gun.

https://imgur.com/kWQUb9s

https://imgur.com/vhNYLql

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2021, 08:57:58 PM »
Great idea. I may try that. May get another one just like it for the range and do like u suggested with foam. Plans for the one for when I carry in a car may differ a little tho. Planning to hang it on my passenger seats front or backside. Preferably backside. And if I ever need it in a hurry I can forsee it snagging into all the stuff inside etc super easy as I try to deploy it quickly. So I may actually line it's whole interior with some sort of semi rigid vinyl. Not any that will make it boxy etc. But just rigid enough to maintain a pouch kind of shape and allow it to be drawn fairly quick. Or have maybe like a dry bag velcro attached inside it. And be able to remove it later.. still tinkering with the 5.7 so haven't gotten to that just yet tho. Maybe even like some thin foam to line the outer side of the drybag.. then slip it in and velcro it in place.. kind of a mix of your idea would be nice maybe lol. Then it could do both car and range maybe lol. I can report back on final outcome later when finished if ya like tho. Thanks for idea bud

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2021, 08:59:26 PM »
Oh saw your photos last sorry.  Is that your case? If so very nice bro!

Offline Kraut783

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2021, 02:38:41 PM »
Yep, my bag...just had a sheet of rigid foam and cut it to the backpack shape and cut out the CZ shape.

Offline 1000RR

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2021, 08:44:45 PM »
I use this range bag and it works GREAT.  Fold up my Scorpion and it fits the main compartment just fine with room for other things in the main compartment too.  It also has space to carry a couple handguns of choice, plenty of magazines, and still room for other stuff.  Under $100.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vism-expert-range-bags.html

Offline Pondwater

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2021, 09:36:03 AM »
I use this range bag and it works GREAT.  Fold up my Scorpion and it fits the main compartment just fine with room for other things in the main compartment too.  It also has space to carry a couple handguns of choice, plenty of magazines, and still room for other stuff.  Under $100.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vism-expert-range-bags.html

Huh, interesting.  This appears to be exactly the same as a MidwayUSA bag I already have.  Didn't even think about it as an option because it is currently full of literally all my range bleep, so I usually bring the peashooters in separate cases.

Offline 1000RR

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2021, 09:54:28 AM »
Huh, interesting.  This appears to be exactly the same as a MidwayUSA bag I already have.  Didn't even think about it as an option because it is currently full of literally all my range bleep, so I usually bring the peashooters in separate cases.

It's been a great option for carrying essentials for the range - eye/ear protection, a few guns (Scorpion, couple handguns), spare optic batteries, misc. tools, plenty of magazines, etc.  Most of my range shooting is at an indoor range.  So I usually just leave my gun toolbox in the car.  I'll also carry an ammo bag with that day's choice of ammo I plan to shoot.  With the weight of ammo being hard on many range bags, I use one of these shown below.  You can pick them up at Home Depot or Lowes.  Plenty heavy duty and carry's ammo quite well. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BUCKET-BOSS-12-in-Gatemouth-Tool-Bag-with-zippered-top-and-16-Total-Pockets-60012/205067139?N=5yc1vZ1z0xsan#overlay

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2021, 06:50:48 PM »
Nice bags guys. Yeah as I said before I tend to have many for many reasons. Found a range bag for the little bugger I built last.. but took me a while to find a car bag tho. Finally settled on this little unassuming soft shell tackle box by Plano. Kinda looks like a worthless lunchbox when hung off the back of my car seat. Nice n simple. The guns small enough to be a Keychain nearly and even this bag kinda swallows it whole. It'll do for now till I find a better one. After shopping for bags for this one tho all my others seem huge now lol. But said I'd share it when I found one for each purpose

anything