Author Topic: US Source for (in-stock) spare parts right now?  (Read 1424 times)

Offline mountaindude

US Source for (in-stock) spare parts right now?
« on: May 07, 2021, 03:51:46 AM »
I recently made notes for a fairly extensive list of spare parts I'd like to have on-hand for my 9mm 75 (and Kadet). Nothing urgent.

Today, I poked around Numrich, Brownell's, Midwest, and found that the only seller with a decent collection of parts was the official CZ-USA web store. Unfortunately, at least 50% of what I need is out of stock. And, for some reason, CZ-USA (nor any other online store) doesn't seem to offer an OEM trigger return spring.

Would I be correct that, as far as US-based retailers go, the best option is still CZ-USA, and I just have to grab things as they happen to be in stock?    Anyone in the US ever use any of the European online retailers?

Offline MynameisEarl

Re: US Source for (in-stock) spare parts right now?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 05:49:04 AM »
Cajun gun works
SP01 tactical
75b SA
P01
P01 steel
PCR
75 compact
Scorpion evo pistol
Rami BD

Offline alp3367

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 10:37:41 AM »
 In addition to the ones you mentioned and Cajun I'd suggest adding CZ Custom to your list. Use the "notify when in stock" type sign ups.

I'm not sure about the trigger spring. You may just want to call or email CZ-USA customer service about that.

Offline George16

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 01:45:06 PM »
Ben Stoeger Pro Shop also has some CZ parts.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 02:08:01 PM »
Can't say about parts in stock right now.

What I do anytime I need one or two items (like buying a hammer, or a barrel bushing) I'll go through the list of parts and buy a bunch of small stuff to make the shipping worth it.  Stuff like springs, pins, detents, etc.  They may not have every part but over time/a few orders they'll have it.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline sevt_chevelle

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 07:06:56 PM »
I placed an order with Sebo weapons about 2 weeks ago for some parts that NO ONE in the states had in stock.
Order placed on sunday parts in my mailbox on Wednesday.
They are out of Estonia.

Offline Lock-n-load

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 07:37:32 PM »
Stuart at Cz custom is awesom to deal with and has lotsa parts

Offline mountaindude

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 08:25:42 PM »
Good call on CZ Custom, guys. Can't believe I forgot about them. I just bought a slide stop from those guys a few months ago!

While you're here, another general question about spares: For a non-competition shooter who just wants reliability, should I go OEM CZ or CGW?

CGW (and others) offer so many modified critical parts like Trigger Return Spring, Trigger Pins, Firing Pin Spring, Recoil Spring, Hammer Spring, etc., etc. The description is always something like "a virtual must have for all CZ’s that use this style trigger return spring" or "This ... spring dramatically improves durability and reliability.  The known weak link in the trigger system is the factory trigger return spring that can ‘snap’ off the long leg of the spring = dead trigger."

I don't want to put a bunch of non-OEM stuff in a defensive pistol...or did CZ really screw up some design points that I need to fix? Many people are saying, for example, the floating trigger pins are a must. Or no?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 08:37:00 PM by mountaindude »

Offline SoCal

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 07:37:39 PM »
Floating trigger pin is NICE but not a must have.  CZ 75 was designed as a duty weapon so reliability was VERY important and they have gained a reputation for reliability.

Now as a duty weapon there are some things that can be made nicer, the trigger pull being one...then there is competition with very high round counts and even greater dry firing practice....things start to break.  You decide how far you want to go. 

Stock is fine.  It's like with cars a good brand off the lot is good and reliable, slightly modified is funner and still reliable BUT highly modified is...well you know the rest
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

anything