Author Topic: P07/P09 mag cross compability, modifying other mags?  (Read 1395 times)

Offline kayakingguy

P07/P09 mag cross compability, modifying other mags?
« on: May 08, 2021, 12:22:37 AM »
Just picked up a P07.

Currently can't find anyone with P09 mags in stock (want the larger capacity 19 or 21 round mags they offer for P09). Probably not going to anytime soon. Has anyone found magazines close enough to to P07/P09 mags that with some modification they will work? Hell, at this point I'd just settle for ANY mags to add to the two that came with the gun.

Nice gun overall. Not a big polymer gun guy normally, but it has a nice form factor and I like hammer fired.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: P07/P09 mag cross compability, modifying other mags?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 05:29:54 AM »
The standard 75 series full size and compact mags will fit and function in the P-07. They do fit a bit looser in the mag well than the regular P-07 mag but I've used them at the range with no issues at all. I wouldn't carry them for defensive purposes though.

Offline gombey

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 01:24:25 PM »
Keep an eye on CZ Custom. I’ve ordered just about all of my mags there.

They are out of stock right now but that doesn’t last long. Search for the P-10F mags.

Offline kayakingguy

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 02:47:03 PM »
Thanks guys, good to know there are options. I'll check out CZ Custom.

Just found out that there may be some cross compatibility with some Canik magazines. I am going to investigate and will report back.

At the risk of going down a rabbit hole: anyone ever experimented with measuring/modifying other manufacturers mags to see what might be improvised? How great would it be to take something as common as dirt like a Glock mag and find out we can modify it to fit our guns?

Lord save me from another project I won't finish and don't have time for!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:59:05 PM by kayakingguy »

Offline eastman

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 04:36:28 PM »
remember, you can substitute a P-10c mag for a P-07 and a P-10F for a P-09. You get some extra retaining latch cuts, but that doesn't hurt anything.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline kayakingguy

Tested a Canik TP9 18 round mag today (which is supposed to be a clone of CZ75 mags), it worked fine, other than it does not hold open on the last round and is a little loose. Can be an option in a pinch.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 06:00:59 PM »
Better grab them while you can.

anything