Author Topic: 97 accu bushing  (Read 480 times)

Offline Lock-n-load

97 accu bushing
« on: May 12, 2021, 09:50:19 PM »
Cz custom or Cajun gunworks. Difference between their accu bushing install on a 97b is one better ?

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
Re: 97 accu bushing
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 10:10:46 PM »
Have the CGW on my 97 BD and the CZ Custom on two of my other CZ pistols.  Both effectively removed any play in the barrel slide area.  Both are good systems if they are truly needed.  Accuracy improvement on my Tactical Sport was dramatic, but it had a lot of play.  Not so much on the 97 BD, but it did eliminate inadvertent bushing rotation with the standard bushing.  I am pleased with both. 

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Offline Lock-n-load

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 10:14:36 PM »
My 97 groups nicely, so may not be needed ,will shoot it a bunch more and see if the bushing starts coming out

Offline Steve Menegon

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2021, 07:21:57 AM »
  Not so much on the 97 BD, but it did eliminate inadvertent bushing rotation with the standard bushing.  I am pleased with both. 

JW

I'm curious as to how the factory screw-in bushing can rotate. Did they change the design due to an issue? Looking at my 97BD, there is no way the factory bushing will rotate. Am I missing something?

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2021, 12:47:51 PM »
  Not so much on the 97 BD, but it did eliminate inadvertent bushing rotation with the standard bushing.  I am pleased with both. 

JW

I'm curious as to how the factory screw-in bushing can rotate. Did they change the design due to an issue? Looking at my 97BD, there is no way the factory bushing will rotate. Am I missing something?
It can rotate while the slide is moving, just enough to get caught behind the guide rod bushing and lock the gun up. The problem is that the design doesn't allow the bushing to be fully tightened. I don't get why CZ used this bushing design, as it really doesn't make the barrel lock up any tighter.

Offline Steve Menegon

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 01:58:32 PM »

JW

It can rotate while the slide is moving, just enough to get caught behind the guide rod bushing and lock the gun up. The problem is that the design doesn't allow the bushing to be fully tightened. I don't get why CZ used this bushing design, as it really doesn't make the barrel lock up any tighter.
Thanks Earl, I had not thought of that issue. I take it I got lucky with mine. I cannot see any of those problems mentioned. Of course, the gun is unloaded in these pics.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

anything