Author Topic: New PCR?????  (Read 3725 times)

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: New PCR?????
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2021, 08:19:21 AM »
Yes you can use either style compact mag in the PCR. The old 14 round mags have a steel floor plate that fits flush with the grip while the new 15 round mags have a polymer floor plate that hangs down maybe 1/4 inch below the grip.
You can also use the full size 75 series mags in the compact but they will obviously stick out pretty far.

bonj

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2021, 03:38:09 PM »
Actually you can use a CZ or Mec-Gar 75B full size 16rd mag by adding a new magazine base for an extended  flush fit.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/cz-40p-cz-p06-or-cz-sp01-magazine-base-0430177001-p-1419.html

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2021, 06:59:30 PM »
Actually you can use a CZ or Mec-Gar 75B full size 16rd mag by adding a new magazine base for an extended  flush fit.

https://gregcotellc.com/cart/cz-factory-mecgar-actmag-c-173/cz-40p-cz-p06-or-cz-sp01-magazine-base-0430177001-p-1419.html
Yes that's right and CZ factory mags are made by Mec-gar so they are basically one in the same.

Offline Whereisit

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2021, 07:20:39 AM »
Yes you can use either style compact mag in the PCR. The old 14 round mags have a steel floor plate that fits flush with the grip while the new 15 round mags have a polymer floor plate that hangs down maybe 1/4 inch below the grip.
You can also use the full size 75 series mags in the compact but they will obviously stick out pretty far.

My pcr came in yesterday and it did come with the 15 round magazine. That was a nice surprise for me. Guess it was just an old description.

Offline Funky_Monkey

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2021, 11:46:11 PM »
I have bought two extra mec gar mags from https://gregcotellc.com/cart/products_all.html Great customer service.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell

Offline mbaza3

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2021, 11:55:18 PM »
I just bought a PCR three weeks ago.  I have about 500 round through it with no issues.  It is a accurate and fun gun to shoot.   Mine came with 2-15 round magazines.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2021, 08:09:49 AM »
My thought would be the CZ 75 P-01 Omega would be a better choice.
I looked at the regular P-01 years ago and since I have zero use for a rail I passed on that. The standard 75 series action cleans up and tunes up far better than the Omega's but it's a preference thing. I had a P-07 for some time but never really cared for the Omega action even after tuning so I sent that on it's way.

I can understand what you experienced. I have a 75B Omega (non-convertable) and a P01 Omega. There Omega triggers in the metal framed guns break in and clean up much nicer than the poly framed guns it seems. I have a P07 and three P09s that have CGW parts and the triggers are good, but just not as good as my metal framed omega guns. So, if you ever want a P01 Omega again, I would go for it.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 09:08:22 AM by Claymore504 »

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2021, 11:49:37 AM »
My thought would be the CZ 75 P-01 Omega would be a better choice.
I looked at the regular P-01 years ago and since I have zero use for a rail I passed on that. The standard 75 series action cleans up and tunes up far better than the Omega's but it's a preference thing. I had a P-07 for some time but never really cared for the Omega action even after tuning so I sent that on it's way.

I can understand what you experienced. I have a 75B Omega (non-convertable) and a P01 Omega. There Omega triggers in the metal framed guns break in and clean up much nocer than the poly framed guns. I have a P07 and three P09s that have CGW parts and the triggers are good, but just not as good as my metal framed omega guns. So, if you ever want a P01 Omega again, I would go for it.
I had a 75B Omega for a short time and didn't like it either. I'm simply not a fan of that action. Unlike many people I don't mind working on the old more complex action of the standard 75 series to which I will likely be adding a few more of that style in the future.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2021, 09:18:10 AM »
I have been really thinking about picking up a PCR lately. Is the LCI coming loose really a issue?

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2021, 10:24:16 AM »
I have been really thinking about picking up a PCR lately. Is the LCI coming loose really a issue?
I have never had an issue with the lci on either of my 2 PCR's. If you are really concerned about it you can always use some red Loctite on it for extra peace of mind.

Offline viking499

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2021, 03:48:17 PM »
I have never had an issue with the lci on either of my 2 PCR's. If you are really concerned about it you can always use some red Loctite on it for extra peace of mind.

Never had one come loose on me.

anything