Author Topic: P10s trigger issue  (Read 4064 times)

Offline dohc97

P10s trigger issue
« on: June 05, 2021, 10:14:17 PM »
I took my P10s to the range today and shot 100 rnds of Sellier and Belloit in it. It now has a total of 200 rnds in it. Three times I noticed that there was a hitch in the trigger. I had to release the trigger and pull it again. Will this eventually go away as more rounds are put into the gun? Or do I need an aftermarket trigger?

Offline Duke Nukem

Re: P10s trigger issue
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 08:50:04 AM »
Will this eventually go away as more rounds are put into the gun? Or do I need an aftermarket trigger?

There's a third option- figure out what's wrong and fix it.  My pistol had a smooth trigger out of the box, and I hadn't read of there being a problem with these triggers, quite the opposite.  One possibility is the pin that holds the trigger has walked out of position and is rubbing on the frame, so that's one place to look.  I had that happen about 1,000 rounds in, a dab of Loctite is what I used to solve that.  If it's not obvious and easy to fix I'd send it back to CZ under warranty and let them figure it out.

Offline dohc97

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2021, 10:11:30 AM »
The pin is totally flushed with nothing sticking out. The issue is that if I pressed the trigger with my my finger not totally centered, the safety dingus sometimes get caught in the frame area behind the trigger. I can easily replicate it. I have seen some youtube videos about it, and they recommend going for the HBI trigger shoe. I may have to look into that option.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 01:51:49 PM »
Buy an HBI trigger and be done with it.

Offline Phyffe

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 11:26:18 PM »
Buy an HBI trigger and be done with it.

That’s what I did, but only because the spring kit came with the trigger as well.

The stock trigger felt good enough for me, the only problem was what was mentioned earlier about the finger not depressing the central trigger safety fully flush with it. The HBI was more forgiving in that sense
CZ SP-01 Shadow
CZ P10-S
CZ 75B
CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 Carbine
Mossberg Model 500 Bullpup

Offline BEE

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2021, 06:44:49 PM »
That’s what I did, but only because the spring kit came with the trigger as well.

The stock trigger felt good enough for me, the only problem was what was mentioned earlier about the finger not depressing the central trigger safety fully flush with it. The HBI was more forgiving in that sense

I'm experiencing this exact issue as well and will be getting the HBI trigger kit to remedy this.

Offline Duke Nukem

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2021, 08:56:02 AM »
I also got the HBI trigger and prefer it to the stock P10-C trigger, mostly because I was getting trigger bite from the factory trigger.  I looked at the original trigger/dingus and saw that one was straight and one was curved, leaving a ridge pressing into the trigger finger while the gun fires.  I carefully smoothed the dingus down to match the profile of the trigger when it was being pressed back, that helped a bunch but there was still some irritation when shooting the pistol.  The HBI Theta trigger has a straight and flat surface that is comfortable for me to use.

All that being said, the CZ factory trigger shouldn't have a hitch to it and you shouldn't have to buy a replacement trigger for it.  There's a good argument for leaving your carry weapon in full factory condition (working as designed) for maximum reliability, so give some thought before making any changes, and the trigger is a big one.

Offline Motleycrue

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2021, 11:34:20 AM »
Is this trigger issue unique to the 10S, or has anyone experienced it with the Compact of Full versions? I want to get a 10F, so interested to know if they also have trigger issues. I have heard the opposite, that they are very good with the new versions.

Offline alp3367

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2021, 11:52:28 AM »
The issue is that if I pressed the trigger with my my finger not totally centered, the safety dingus sometimes get caught in the frame area behind the trigger. I can easily replicate it. I have seen some youtube videos about it, and they recommend going for the HBI trigger shoe. I may have to look into that option.

Are you just talking about not having enough finger on the trigger to fully depress the trigger safety lever in the middle of the trigger? If that's the case that's just how they work, same with Glock and any other similar design.

Offline P35guy

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2021, 02:23:47 PM »
Recently purchased a near new P10C from a shooting buddy.  He got rid of it because the trigger was so unpredictable.

When you pull the trigger the pull weight can vary from 4-5 # to 10-12#.   If I lightly pump the trigger it may go off at 3# or so.

Another buddy has one that I have shot and the trigger is great.

Before I dig into it, I thought I'd ask what I should be looking for

Sounds a bit like the original post

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2021, 06:53:07 PM »
Recently purchased a near new P10C from a shooting buddy.  He got rid of it because the trigger was so unpredictable.

When you pull the trigger the pull weight can vary from 4-5 # to 10-12#.   If I lightly pump the trigger it may go off at 3# or so.

Another buddy has one that I have shot and the trigger is great.

Before I dig into it, I thought I'd ask what I should be looking for

Sounds a bit like the original post
Is the dingus catching on the trigger guard?

Offline Twenty seventyfive

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2021, 09:24:56 AM »
I too have a P10s and was having an issue with the safety/dingus get hung up on the frame along with finger pinch.  On the advise of some of the posters, I purchased a HBI trigger and it transform the gun for me.  Previously, I hesitated to carry it because I didn’t trust it.  Now after 200 rounds through it without a failure, my confidence in the gun is returning. Best $65 I’ve spent in a long time.
This was my first time doing an install like this and it only took about 1 hour taking my time.

Offline dohc97

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2021, 12:58:12 PM »
I too have a P10s and was having an issue with the safety/dingus get hung up on the frame along with finger pinch.  On the advise of some of the posters, I purchased a HBI trigger and it transform the gun for me.  Previously, I hesitated to carry it because I didn’t trust it.  Now after 200 rounds through it without a failure, my confidence in the gun is returning. Best $65 I’ve spent in a long time.
This was my first time doing an install like this and it only took about 1 hour taking my time.

Did you have to remove all 4 pins or just the trigger pin?

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2021, 08:37:57 AM »
Yes you do.

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2021, 08:40:28 AM »
Sorry, yes , all four pins.  It was fairly easy.  The video from HBI is very good.

anything