Poll

Is this gun just for looking at??

0 (0%)
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: 75B Anniversary model question  (Read 263 times)

Offline Roscoe2212

75B Anniversary model question
« on: June 08, 2021, 06:00:42 PM »
 8) I just got this gun last week, and am not happy.  I have a Shadow 2, which is easily the best target pistol I have ever owned. Even better than my treasured custom 1911 from years back.
The Anniversary model has a really poor trigger, and is extremely stiff in pulling the slide and such.
Did I mess up here??
CZ has agreed to take a look at it, and "if it meets factory specs we will send it back to you"
It is a beautiful pistol, but I am not in guns for decoration mode.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: 75B Anniversary model question
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 08:05:24 PM »
The gun is not a Shadow 2 in any shape or form and is based on the standard 75B SERVICE GRADE ACTION so no you won't have the trigger you have in the Shadow model. You can however upgrade the action with CGW parts while not disturbing the appearance of the gun and have a very nice action if shooting the gun is what you want to do.

Offline The Principal

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 08:45:01 PM »
In my opinion, if you are not into guns for “decoration mode”, then you purchased the wrong firearm. My advice is to sell it and move on.

Offline alp3367

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 11:18:17 AM »
The gun is not a Shadow 2 in any shape or form and is based on the standard 75B SERVICE GRADE ACTION so no you won't have the trigger you have in the Shadow model. You can however upgrade the action with CGW parts while not disturbing the appearance of the gun and have a very nice action if shooting the gun is what you want to do.

This right here. Beyond the cosmetics the anniversary gun is basically a regular 75b. You're paying for the engraving, finish, grips, limited production factor etc., not a highly tuned gun. Compare a stock 75b to a stock Shadow2 and you'll notice a pretty big difference.

Offline Roscoe2212

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 03:09:10 PM »
All of you guys are correct, I bought the wrong gun.  The CZ custom shop can put the right parts into it and voila, a shootable target pistol, for around $200, which is probably less than I would lose if I sold it.
Just for your info, the guns shop that sold it to me has two more in stock, and they say they are not as good as the standard 75B regarding trigger action, which is what led me to post the question anyway.
Does shooting it ruin it's resale value?? I have not even loaded it as of now. CZ took it back, and we will see if it "meets factory standards" or they say what you see is what you get.
I am new to CZ, and I must say they are a really great outfit. 8)

Offline alp3367

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 03:43:01 PM »
All of you guys are correct, I bought the wrong gun.  The CZ custom shop can put the right parts into it and voila, a shootable target pistol, for around $200, which is probably less than I would lose if I sold it.
Just for your info, the guns shop that sold it to me has two more in stock, and they say they are not as good as the standard 75B regarding trigger action, which is what led me to post the question anyway.
Does shooting it ruin it's resale value?? I have not even loaded it as of now. CZ took it back, and we will see if it "meets factory standards" or they say what you see is what you get.
I am new to CZ, and I must say they are a really great outfit. 8)

Well, that shop guy is wrong. Or course that's not the first time a person behind a gun counter had bad info. While it's no better than a regular 75b mechanically, it's also no worse, There is definetely some variance from one to another as well. As pointed out, the 75b is a service pistol. Stock ones tend to vary a bit. They'll all meet the same spec, but there is some variation room in there.

As far as shooting it ruin resale value...? No, it won't ruin it. But it will lower it. Of course the amount depends on the amount of shooting and care with it as well. You can definitely shoot it some and clean it and it won't alter the looks much. But shoot it a lot, holster a lot, etc...the regular wear inducing things will probably hurt a commemorative gun like this more than just a regular pistol.

Offline Lock-n-load

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 08:43:57 PM »
I looked at one when they came out, to fancy for me . I put more money into function than fancy. Nice bbq gun if you are into looks !some people collect for looks , some for function ..do whatever makes you happy!😎