Author Topic: Who is planning to form 1 their Scorpion soon?  (Read 4954 times)

Offline 1000RR

Re: Who is planning to form 1 their Scorpion soon?
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2021, 02:23:44 PM »
The ATF has issued opinion letters to the effect that an SBR is only an SBR when it is in an SBR configuration. One Example: https://imgur.com/a/2kGJvHf

Offline thelastbill

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2021, 02:50:02 PM »
Registration is always followed by confiscation. Always. Sic semper tyrannis

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Mercs

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2021, 07:08:11 PM »
Registration is always followed by confiscation. Always. Sic semper tyrannis

ALWAYS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2021, 08:09:02 PM »
I predict a record snapper population soon if it flies. With all the new rifled reefs that will soon accidently be made following the ruling lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline 1000RR

« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2021, 08:12:52 PM »
I predict a record snapper population soon if it flies. With all the new rifled reefs that will soon accidently be made following the ruling lol

LMAO!!!  Sounds about right!

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2021, 08:59:56 PM »

Offline thelastbill

« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2021, 08:10:23 PM »
The new atf director is going to be confirmed even though he lied under oath and they are hiding his personnel file. Then listen to grandpa applesauce brain talk about firearms today.

bleep the paperwork. Prepare yourselves. Looking for a can for 1/2x28 if anyone knows where to get one cheap.

Offline MacAttack

« Reply #82 on: October 09, 2021, 09:51:17 PM »
I live in a tri-state hub kinda area where a few miles into either direction lands me into other states fast. So that puts a wet blanket on a dedicated car gun being a SBR right there. Then my health sucks. So my kid won't be able to hawk the wares I bequeath to her anytime soon if she So chooses when I pass in the next few years. Theyre a pain in the butt to sell. So I have mine braced for impact so to speak. The simple fact the ATF etc came out and started this convo on braces a few months back proves thier total uselessness. They basically admitted they sat around and did nuttin for ages while SBR's was being sold in the wide open. Now they wanna play catch up. And if they get thier way if other bills too.. it won't just be SBR stamps. They'd like to add all "high cap" magazines to be individually taxed too the same way. As stated above if people comply it will be inundated with requests and take 20 years to be fully compliant. Not to mention if each firearm ya own has let's say 10 mags.. that's 2k in taxes alone on mags. Another 200 for sbr. So I'm leaving mine braced till yeah there's no other option. And even then if I'm forced to SBR some.. they can still use same brace afterwards. I think. Once ya stamp it I think ya can run whatever stock ya want at that point. Don't quote me. I'm no expert. Takes a rocket scientist to keep track of all the stuff. But if it gets to be a thing that must be done they should do an amnesty imo and offer free access to SBR the current ones in circulation. Since they sat by and idly watched as the situation occurred to begin with

Though it no longer makes sense to use a trust for the loop holes it had, you do get to make someone equally able to use, sell etc. any NFA item in the trust. Mine was done before the BS hurdles were added to the process. My wife will be able to sell mine that is if my brother doesn't want it. He's on there too.

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2021, 09:21:30 AM »
Yeah I'm about to have to go thru it for a can soon. Gonna have to look into the trust stuff I guess soon for that

Offline thelastbill

« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2021, 01:53:00 PM »
I lost my scorpion

Offline Ozzilla13

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2021, 09:12:35 PM »
IF I end up buying a Scorpion pistol with brace. I would probably SBR it sooner than later.

If braces are considered stocks via an ATF ruling, then there will be a flood of Form 1 SBR applications and receiving the final approval/stamp will take a LONG time. Maybe 18 months or longer.