Author Topic: Ruger 57  (Read 1624 times)

skin

Ruger 57
« on: June 17, 2021, 02:41:08 PM »
Picked up a Ruger 57 today at the lgs. Have been looking for any 5.7x28 at a reasonable price. Found this new Ruger. Haven't shot it yet, no ammo. Feels good in my hands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Offline Das Hugh!

Re: Ruger 57
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 06:49:14 PM »
Congrats on the buy bud. Turned mine into the most souped up 57 ya ever seen. Got the CSM MP57 chasis installed along with extended mags and tandemkross trigger. Paired with a SIG Rattler brace. And it's a killer little PDW. you may wanna get some turtle wax spray and disassemble the mags and spray them down good inside and out. Will help that plastic follower alot to feed reliably.  Also will help empty mags drop better and keep rust away etc. Made a few quick videos on YouTube if ya wanna see it. Search ruger mp 57 conversion and you'll see them around. But I keep hitting Academy as much as I can and believe it or not they get a little here n there for like 37 a box for federal and a little more for FN. found it more often than I found 9mm belive it or not. But I have a ammo box full of it now. I'd like to shoot it more but yeah it's kinda hard till I get setup to reload em. Can't wait to custom some hot rounds for it and see what she can do. Wished Ruger or someone would hurry up and sell some aftermarket barrels to choose from. I'd like one a bit longer and threaded. Next week or so I plan to drop it off with a buddy and get mine threaded. It's my new car/lunchbox gun so I want to at least have a blast can on it for if I have to use it without ear pro on.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 06:52:51 PM »
Imo it blows the FN out of the water for the simple fact it's what I call.. "semi modular".. meaning they serialized the FCU and u can swap grips on it. Most have no idea they're that way. Soon as folks realize it you'll see new grips etc offered for it like how they do with the SIG 320 lineup

Offline Steinbrenner

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 06:54:27 PM »
I was ready to buy one of those but then the plandemic hit us and with the subsequently hike on ammunition prices I just put it in the back burner for now.
Hopefully things go back to kinda normal again and I will definitely get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 07:05:56 PM »
Keep an eye on gunbroker. I saw CSM post one that sold yesterday for 730$. Was a complete setup with brace and all. It was so new no one saw it or figured to search for it. The pistol in the kit alone was worth that. Was listed as buy-now for 1600. Had extended mags.. brace.. chasis.. and the pistol all for an opening bid of 700

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 07:08:43 PM »
I posted it on ruger forums to get the word out. And seems like they deleted my post. Was second time they deleted ones of me speaking about what CSM regarding the chasis. Really weird. I think I know why they did it. But it's a silly reason. And not worth even asking why etc about. But yeah very neat guns.

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 08:45:40 AM »
big ruger fan and this looks sweet. congrats!
I almost got a 57 back last year, but passed due to ammo. that setup looks sweet!
Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2021, 08:47:13 AM »
theres a threaded barrel replacement on GB right now...
Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2021, 11:10:16 AM »
Sweet I'll check it now thanks. I like the idea of having two better anyways and leaving my factory one alone. So I can switch back n forth

skin

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2021, 10:29:48 PM »
 I have ammo arriving Saturday. Bought two boxes. About  $20 more than regular price. I bought the pistol to shoot  not to sit in the safe. Hopefully Tuesday I'll make it to the range and let ya'll know what happens.

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2021, 09:30:56 AM »
I figured out a little trick other day about the ruger 57 mags. I found a way to slip 3 extra into the mag. It's a little harder on the springs granted. But it's an option. I posted a quick video on YouTube on how if interested. Should let you carry 24. I can carry 29 fully loaded with my +5 extended mags

Offline jesuvuah

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2021, 11:40:11 AM »
I have ammo arriving Saturday. Bought two boxes. About  $20 more than regular price. I bought the pistol to shoot  not to sit in the safe. Hopefully Tuesday I'll make it to the range and let ya'll know what happens.
Looking forward to hearing how it shoots.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

skin

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2021, 12:20:33 AM »
 I finally made it to the range yesterday!  I brought out most of my pistol inventory including the Ruger 57. It has been about 2 years since I shot that many pistols. I now realize that I need to shoot more often.
 The 57 was a pleasant surprise. Light recoil. Good grip feel. The pistols balance felt great. Using a red dot I could keep it under 1 1/2 inches at 25 yds. More shooting I think I could do better.
 Now if only  cz would make a 5.7x28.

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2021, 06:34:52 AM »
Ikr. Would be awesome if they made a modular 5.7mm pistol. And then turned around and made a chassis for it that began in the original skorpion size and went up from there. So a gun that ya can wear on ya hip in pistol format.. that transforms into larger guns incrementally.  Then also sold several barrel lengths.  I'd say that would be the perfect new 5.7mm. That way it's totally customizable and everyone is happy. Would help drop the price of 5.7 rounds also. Managed to snag 4 boxes of bluetip yesterday for the mere price of dam near 200 lol. Was like 40 a box. Stings but still cheap considering online wants 100 per box

anything