Author Topic: Suppressor for my Scorpion  (Read 5540 times)

Offline M300Pilot

Re: Suppressor for my Scorpion
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2021, 12:04:58 PM »
Wow that was fast.  I received my approval this morning.  Beyond most humbly accepting unsolicited advice from those that have built their own, I am wondering if someone can offer an opinion about purchasing an alignment rod?  Unless a strong force nudges me in another direction I intend to buy the Quietbore Form 1 kit and the jig.  I have watched videos on it and it seems pretty straight forward.  Thanks in advance for any reply!

Offline M300Pilot

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2021, 01:40:23 PM »
Unless I am missing something...the 9mm.  That should work on my Scorpion.
https://www.quietbore.com/product/9mm-form1-kit/

Offline M300Pilot

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2021, 03:09:44 PM »
First.  Thanks for your replies.  It is greatly appreciated.  Second, you lost me on your last statement.  I will research.  From what I saw online you literally use the jig to get proper alignment and assemble.  Perhaps the guy in the video skipped the step you are referring to.  FWIW I am not married to Quietbore. The greatest chance of success seems to be purchasing the QB product.  I think there is JK and WhiteTrash.  Again, I will research a little more.  I'd like to get decent performance out of my efforts.

Offline M300Pilot

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2021, 06:45:51 AM »
Here is the video I was speaking about.  Seems like all is done for me other than the actual drilling.  I need to start learning somewhere and QB seems to be a decent place to start.  As an extra layer of caution I may end up trying to find an inexpensive alignment rod.  I want to be smart about this.

Quietbore 22 Drill Fixture

Offline M300Pilot

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2021, 09:45:27 AM »
...and that precisely what I have started buying.  Subsonic rounds.  This has been a bit of a learning experience for me.  I bought a CZ 75 years ago.  Fast forward to these 'interesting times' and all of my chums that I respect agreed that having something a bit more is a good idea. Which lead to me needing to educate myself.

Offline M300Pilot

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2021, 11:28:06 AM »
100% agree.  Not sure if this is appropriate for this board or too much information, if so my sincerest apologies.  I mean no disrespect to anyone's beliefs but I have had to learn to 'read' with my son being one of the autism kiddos .  Needless to say it is my mission to protect him for as long as I have breath in my lungs and I am very good at reading.

Offline M300Pilot

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2021, 09:52:47 AM »
I have built my own lightsaber.  I am a Jedi like my father.  https://imgur.com/LBJV3R9
In all seriousness it was a good learning experience.  Thanks to all who supported and offered advice. I am anxious to get out and try it.

Offline M300Pilot

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2021, 10:47:24 AM »
It is funny you mention that because I was half toying with picking up a 22.  I am still wondering if investing in an alignment rod brings any value.  I am anxious to get out to my friend's place where he has a lot of land so I can test it out.

Offline Chris279

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2021, 12:15:42 PM »
I’ve done a few F1 suppressors and there are some definite benefits. First is the time it takes to get approved. The longest I waited was 3 weeks. The shortest was 4 days. On a fixed barrel setup, you can get every bit the same results as a commercial setup for less than 300$. This one is titanium with stainless baffles. It’s 7” long and has a quick attach from Griffin Armament. I’m into it about 375$ (the quick attach stuff isn’t cheap). The range I go to has a Silencer Shop and shooting suppressed is pretty common. There are a lot of commercial suppressor owners who are really impressed with the results it’s getting.

Offline M300Pilot

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2021, 02:02:17 PM »
Thanks for chiming in.  It has reminded me that I need to take it out to the local range since I have yet to try it.  My form 1 approval was crazy fast and the kit from Quiet Bore arrived even faster.  The process was kind of fun because I learned a little bit.  The challenge has been finding subsonic rounds. 

Offline Chris279

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2021, 03:02:45 PM »
Thanks for chiming in.  It has reminded me that I need to take it out to the local range since I have yet to try it.  My form 1 approval was crazy fast and the kit from Quiet Bore arrived even faster.  The process was kind of fun because I learned a little bit.  The challenge has been finding subsonic rounds.
I didn’t realize how far the thread went, I’m new to tapatalk. I didn’t realize you’re at this point but I’m glad you are. I’ve done a bunch of different baffle designs, (I have a mill, a lathe and enough knowledge to hurt myself). I’d love to compare notes with other peoples results on the same platforms.

I can help with the rounds. I got in touch with 1stRoundAmmo on accident. I was buying on gunbroker. I emailed them a question and the owner emailed back. Apparently he’s an LEO, all the proper insurance etc to be a ammo manufacturing company so warranty’s are intact. He sends me boxes of 50 147gr subsonic for 20$ a box. Not a crazy price but very reasonable. I’ve had nothing but good luck running the stuff either. Zero issues and I’m on my third case of 500 rounds. Probably 1200ish without an ammo malfunction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris279

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2021, 03:06:46 PM »
Congratulations.  K's are among the more "experienced level" for anyone starting out, but it looks like you pulled it off quite well.

Also keep in mind, as long as the bore is straight enough and sized out to around .407-.410" ish, you'll be able to also shoot 38, 357, 32acp, 22lr through it too.

If you shoot a 22 through it, may surprise you at how well it does with subsonics, especially if you're shooting it through a rifle.

And 38's are all subsonic.  Whether 38 S&W or 38 special, even +P's are subsonic and sound really good.

So, don't think that this is only suitable to use on your scorpion my friend.
I had the same experience. I get great performance on my p-22 and my kids Crickett. I’ve also thrown it on my HK91 and VZ58.

Offline Chris279

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2021, 03:08:20 PM »
Are you using direct thread or a quick attach setup?

Offline M300Pilot

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2021, 03:20:50 PM »
"He sends me boxes of 50 147gr subsonic for 20$ a box"  ....I would be interested in that.

Offline Chris279

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2021, 03:43:34 PM »
"He sends me boxes of 50 147gr subsonic for 20$ a box"  ....I would be interested in that.
I can’t for the life of me find his email but the owners name is Scott. He’s in FL. The website is 1stroundammo.com   For some reason I can never find the stuff I want on his website. Maybe it’s me, I don’t know. I just use the “contact us” button and tell them what I want. I haven’t purchased anything else yet but I will. Smaller American company and LEO owned is good with me.