Author Topic: Rare CZ 24?  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Likelugers2

Rare CZ 24?
« on: July 07, 2021, 07:24:21 PM »
Hello, new to the forum.  I have several unit marked CZ 24's which this forum was great in providing me the a list in identifying the various units.  My most recent CZ 24 purchase is a bit of a rare bird, I think.  Once I figure out how to post pics I will but for starters it is a 4 digit serial number, making it an earlier production.  It also has the traditional lion marking for the 1924-1939 production era.  Now the juicy part.....on the right side of the frame above the grip it is marked CS Straz Kosice with a 3 digit property number underneath it.  The stamping is definitely consistence with the rest of the gun and having period worn finish.  Thoughts???

Offline Palmetto Marsh

Re: Rare CZ 24?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 12:28:05 PM »
 A long shot.. believe they were pistols that were assigned to the honor guard in the city of Kosice.

Rock Island Auction sold one of these a few years ago marked the same 

From google and translated

Among the members of the President's Honor Guard are four Košice residents, the longest of ... KOŠICE. There is perhaps no man who would not play a soldier as a child and would not want him ... I am a Recruitment Center in Košice, “recalls a 31-year-old Košice citizen. ... "The duties of ?S PSR result from the main tasks and mission of the department, ...

Offline Palmetto Marsh

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 12:35:39 PM »
Some more info

STRÁŽ, s.r.o., Košice Juh >> Security Services ... https: //www.zlatestranky.sk ›companies · Translate this page
STRÁŽ, s.r.o .. Security services and agencies in Košice. Kriva 1043/18 04001 Kosice. Rate Rated by 0 users ...

Rock Island web site with pics .. they have it marked wrong.. not a CZ 27 but like yours a CZ 24 with the markings an a low serial number

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/1029/328/three-european-semiautomatic-pistols

Offline Likelugers2

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 04:17:17 PM »
Thank you for the information!  Yes, very similar and about 150 numbers off the serial number.  I appreciate the help.