Author Topic: XL 650/750  (Read 746 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Wobbly

  • Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10961
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
Re: XL 650/750
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2021, 09:06:01 AM »
I have found even with the carbide dies if you lube your cases things run smoother. I lube about 25% of the cases and throw them in the case feeder with the other 75%.

I use Dillon case lube to to do en-mass lubrication. First I use a 40cal plastic tray to count and cull pre-cleaned brass. Then I knock them onto their sides on my dedicated "lube towel". I spritz once or twice (no more) from at least 4 feet away. Then I pick up the edges of the towel and roll the cases all around. Then they go into the case feeder.

This system seems to get a very small amount on most of the cases. And that's all that's needed for smooth running, because the lube stays on the dies for at least the next 4-5 cases.

 ;)
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Ask me about used Dillon reloading equipment.

 

anything