Author Topic: What will they replace the RAMI with?  (Read 14562 times)

Offline Earl Keese

Re: What will they replace the RAMI with?
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2021, 12:20:02 AM »
I have both the Beretta PX4 compact and the HK p2000SK and the HK p30SK. I converted the Beretta PX4 with the Langdon tactical trigger group and both DA/SA are great! Changed the hammer springs on the HK to 11 pounds and is fine! I just started using a Grand Power p11Mk12 and not bad! D/A is about 10 pounds but the S/A is great! Reset is phenomenal! Better than any I have! No decocker just safety for cocked and lock carry. I still carry my 3 Rami. One is the polycarbonate lower but no bulging problems after 800 rounds so I figure this is ago!
All of those pistols have polymer frames. What's to become of us traditionalists who prefer all metal handguns?
Better buy the one you want now while they can be found.

Offline dannyvi

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2021, 01:56:24 AM »
If I was any younger, all metal would be good! You get old and need it lighter,lol!!

Offline Porcupine

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2021, 11:37:38 AM »
We get fewer choices in our preferred type until it comes back into fashion.

While I prefer alloy framed handguns, I’ve almost entirely come to carry polymer. It’s lower maintenance, and easier to “live” with.

I carry a p07 (safety) most days, and my (more liked) p 01 mostly stays home.

Unfortunately, I believe the market-demand for striker sub compact, along with limited production capacity means we don’t get a direct replacement.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 11:42:05 AM by Porcupine »

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2021, 03:20:07 PM »
I have both the Beretta PX4 compact and the HK p2000SK and the HK p30SK. I converted the Beretta PX4 with the Langdon tactical trigger group and both DA/SA are great! Changed the hammer springs on the HK to 11 pounds and is fine! I just started using a Grand Power p11Mk12 and not bad! D/A is about 10 pounds but the S/A is great! Reset is phenomenal! Better than any I have! No decocker just safety for cocked and lock carry. I still carry my 3 Rami. One is the polycarbonate lower but no bulging problems after 800 rounds so I figure this is ago!
All of those pistols have polymer frames. What's to become of us traditionalists who prefer all metal handguns?

Buy as many of the quality alloy hammer-fired DA/SA pistols of your choice as you can before the idiots in upper management go full retard with nothing to offer but plastique striker fired junk.

In the last few months I’ve bought 3 brand new Ramis, 2 BDs and a safety model for future customization and use. I might get more…😎

Offline Lchtus

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 08:53:03 PM »
Got any direction for where to get a new RAMI?  Like you, I am picking up a few if I can find them.  I know of a few stores in Dallas that have them in stock that wont ship (IL here…sigh).

Like others on this string, really like DA/SA setup…RAMI all alloy/metal is great.  It’s also the same/similar weight as the P200sk and P30SK.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2021, 04:54:01 PM »
Got any direction for where to get a new RAMI?  Like you, I am picking up a few if I can find them.  I know of a few stores in Dallas that have them in stock that wont ship (IL here…sigh).

Like others on this string, really like DA/SA setup…RAMI all alloy/metal is great.  It’s also the same/similar weight as the P200sk and P30SK.

At this point, all you can do is search LGSs - that’s where I found two a few months ago.

I thought I’d found a line to some on an online store, but it turned out to be a fake Glock Store website, scamming people - you can always tell the scammers because they won’t take credit cards and insist on payments through zelle, PayPal, Bitcoin, etc.

Offline Lchtus

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2021, 05:54:55 PM »
Yeah, I been hunting.  GB has some, but not worth the inflated prices.

I know of two sitting in shoot point blank stores in TX near Dallas, but they won’t ship to me.  So if anyone is looking….

Offline srez

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2021, 12:36:13 PM »
I would suggest that a good replacement for the discontinued RAMI models (and a gun I would like to own) would be a RAMI with CZ’s Convertible (Omega) trigger, slimmer grips (or just a slimmer gun overall), and night sights, with a slide that would accept optical red dot sights. Such a replacement could, in my opinion, replace all the preceding RAMI models, eliminate the need for CZ to produce and support more than one model, appeal to a higher market segment, and sell for more money, increasing CZ’s bottom line.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2021, 01:33:45 PM »
I would suggest that a good replacement for the discontinued RAMI models (and a gun I would like to own) would be a RAMI with CZ’s Convertible (Omega) trigger, slimmer grips (or just a slimmer gun overall), and night sights, with a slide that would accept optical red dot sights. Such a replacement could, in my opinion, replace all the preceding RAMI models, eliminate the need for CZ to produce and support more than one model, appeal to a higher market segment, and sell for more money, increasing CZ’s bottom line.
CZ already has a replacement, it's called the P10S.  :(

Offline BBF97

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2021, 05:57:24 AM »
It took a lot out of hunting but managed to source two new RAMI BD this fall. The cost seems to have gone up dramatically with prices starting at $900 for new.

Offline mig1nc

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2021, 08:59:28 AM »
Better buy the one you want now while they can be found.

I used to have a Grand Power P11, but sold it off. It was just not as reliable as the others. And for a concealed carry gun, reliability is critical.

I will say though, that thing shot better than any other sub compact I've ever shot in terms of recoil and accuracy. It was amazing.

Offline Lchtus

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2021, 03:56:10 PM »
It took a lot out of hunting but managed to source two new RAMI BD this fall. The cost seems to have gone up dramatically with prices starting at $900 for new.

900?!  What.  I have one with less than 50 rounds through it, but I dont think i would sell it :/. I dont see them anymore short of GB.

Offline MeatAxe

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2021, 05:32:10 PM »
CZ already has a replacement, it's called the P10S.  :(

Yeah, IMO, plastique, non-frame-over-slide frames and striker fire triggers are a significant downgrade to the CZ75/Rami, even if they come optics & light ready (which can be added to the Rami). The P10 is great for CZ (cheaper to mfg. and more profitable), but they are no improvement to the shooter at all.

Though, I’m partial to alloy or steel frames, I suppose a subcompact version of the P-07 would suit me well enough, though I doubt CZ would want to compete against its own subcompact Glock clone.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 06:07:53 PM by MeatAxe »

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2021, 12:35:49 PM »
Viva la' hammer!

My RAMI might be on my give-away list to my kids since I rarely use it now-a-days.  Nothing against it -- it shoots my favorite SD rounds spot on (147g HST), but for carry I really don't mind the plastic fantastics when I want something comparable or smaller (PX4sc with 13 rounds just a wee bit fatter, SIG P365 that replaced much of the pocket duty once held by the NANO).  For a target shooting CZ, I'd rather grab the full sizes or PCR that have been accurized.  The RAMI is just an odd duck.  That said, I surely do love all metal, hammer fired guns and it is a shame they are dying on the vine.  I likely missed the boat on a 75 compact in .40 S&W -- maybe the only one that would get me "excited" now other than either a 10mm of some sort that would have been nice during a recent trip to AK.  ALAS, the market and personal financial situation held me back -- ended up carrying my Beretta 96 Centurion in the mountains (first handgun ever) with Robar's "Norton Special" NP3 treatment.  It served me quite well -- never had to fire it while on vacation!

anything