Author Topic: Choosing an optic  (Read 1037 times)

Offline kabong57

Re: Choosing an optic
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2021, 12:55:33 PM »
At least some of the Holosun's share the foot print.  The K series are different.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2021, 01:07:53 PM »
Check this out. Keep in mind that the Holosun shares the same mounting points with the Trijicon RMR/SRO dots.

https://opticsfactory.com/riser-angle-mount-for-micro-red-dot/HM3

Here’s one for absolute co-witness:
https://opticsfactory.com/riser-angle-mount-for-micro-red-dot/HM2

Sweet, thanks!

Offline the war wagon

• Mafioso of the Apocalypse
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2021, 02:00:05 PM »
Having tried everything BUT Aimpoints between 2006 - 2010, I have settled upon... AimpointESPECIALLY for CQB work.

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2021, 02:57:34 PM »
Having tried everything BUT Aimpoints between 2006 - 2010, I have settled upon... AimpointESPECIALLY for CQB work.

I noticed you have the same flip up sites on all of those. What are they?

Offline Slotback

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2021, 06:49:58 PM »

Offline eastman

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2021, 09:38:30 PM »
Holosun red dots are nice. I highly recommend the green over red. They’re are easier to see in any background compared to the red.
I couldn’t find a pic rail mount. Any leads?

the first version 507c-gr comes with a pic/weaver adapter plate. I expect the newer ones also would include it.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2021, 08:27:37 PM »
I recently started to use my Eotech again. Because I sold my scorpion and moved it temporarily onto my new MPX. and I bought the eotech last winter. So when as I'm now using it during the summer time I noticed a peculiar bad aspect about it. I may be wrong but I think it's due to the fact it's either got glass.. or the fact is has a denser glass than other red dots I own. But I quickly noticed that when kept indoors here in the deep south and with the AC on full blast.. and then stepping out into the hot humid wilderness of my front yard lol. That it immediately fogs up to the point of seriously not being able to see Jack really fast. And it stays that way for a good while. Anyways.. I own a Romeo 4t and it has the little clear lenses that can flip up and down. So far I haven't noticed it fog up any where near as badly. But I have some comfort in knowing tho now that if for any reason I do step out in the humidity or bad weather in general. I will have the option to flip the lenses up for a fresh peek at what I need to see. So I found out another reason to appreciate that red dot setup. Only tad of bad thing I have I can say about the specific model I have tho is.. it don't offer green color.. and that if I recall correctly it don't have an actual "dot" to choose from. But instead a tiny little red + instead. But it's a tiny little + tho. And I also learned a neat trick to clear up blurry red dots due to astigmatisms if anyone here has those issues. Two tricks actually. First is to get some good polarized glasses. Those are supposed to help straighten out the bent light waves alot I heard. So I'm getting some soon to try. Then also I just tested another one I thought was neat I found out by accident.  But only if your sights cowitness tho. But op up your rear iron sight. And then peep thru it at your red dot. It makes a huge difference in the clarity immediately for me. Seems like the smaller the peephole the better too btw. Just trying to share some tips with astigmatism that actually help. Can't wait to try them both at once lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2021, 05:17:49 AM »
All I know is I love cheap red dots, and the best inexpensive dot I ever used is the SIG Romeo5, have three of them now, great red dots.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2021, 07:15:39 AM »
All I know is I love cheap red dots, and the best inexpensive dot I ever used is the SIG Romeo5, have three of them now, great red dots.
That one does pop up a lot I’ve noticed. Seems to be pretty popular.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2021, 07:37:47 AM »
I am really interested in the Holosun I mentioned previously but I’m curious, which ROMEO5 do you have? I’m lookin and I see the R5 2MOA, the R5 1x20mm 2MOA w/MOTAC tech., and the R5 Compact 2MOA w/MOTAC tech.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2021, 12:56:11 PM »
Definitely get the model with MOTAC. It works great.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2021, 01:54:54 PM »
Ok folks, with a lot of screen time research I pulled the trigger on the Sig Sauer ROMEO5XDR model# SOR52122 “Predator” Triangle Green Dot. Nostalgia strikes again! ;D I bought mine direct from Sig Sauer for $249.99 and free shipping, came to $270.60. For some reason Sig’s website doesn’t display this specific model for sale but shows it as an option when viewing model# SOR52102. I called Sig direct and the guy I spoke to was concerned that it wasn’t on their website. I spoke to Matt who was awesome. It retails for $279.99 but he matched everyone else’s lower price without me having to ask and added free shipping. This is Amazon’s ad since it’s not listed on Sig’s website. https://www.amazon.com/SAUER-Sig-Romeo5-Predator-1X20mm/dp/B07PPHPJ94k ;D

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2021, 03:10:12 PM »
I was doing a little research on optic placement and ran across a guys video that had what seems like a good argument for placement. I also noticed in this thread that ‘the war wagon’ has all three of his or her (I don’t wanna assume gender having not met them) rifle optics mounted more forward.

I’m curious if anyone else has a different take on optic placement. It shows the video won’t play but click the ‘Watch on YouTube’ tab.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 03:15:40 PM by Gunnerdad80 »

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2021, 03:44:16 PM »
I can't see the link u posted. But I'm of the school of thought u should mount them as far forward as possible on the reciever.. just short of the handguard. Reason being is it's the most solid spot. And the hangaurds tend to move around

Offline Das Hugh!

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2021, 03:45:00 PM »
And I need to browse the site I guess. I thought all romeo 5s was the same dots. Learned something new I guess lol

anything