Author Topic: Grips for Tristar T-120  (Read 158 times)

Offline florida man

Grips for Tristar T-120
« on: July 19, 2021, 09:30:49 PM »
Awhile back I picked up a Tristar T-120.  I was curious about a full size CZ clone with the alloy frame.  So far this pistol has been a pleasant surprise.  I also have a Shadow 2 that has been fitted with LOK grips,  both palm swells and thin grips.  I like the palm swells on Shadow 2, but just barely.  I decided to see if the thin grips would fit the Tristar.  They fit that pistol PERFECTLY.  While I don’t believe that LOK markets any grips specifically for the Tristar clones, these thin grips for the Shadow 2 fit spot on.  I don’t know if there is frame uniformity with the other full sized Tristar models, as this is my only one.  Someone with more experience with these pistols might want swap around grips from model to model to check figment.  Everyone that handles my T-120 really likes these grips.  Mine have the roughneck texture.  Try a pair.......you won’t be disappointed!

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
Re: Grips for Tristar T-120
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 10:42:07 PM »
Nice!  8)  I have a number of nice decorative Cz75B Grips that fit my T-120. However, since I've been using my T-120 for USPSA/IPSC shooting, the grips that stay on the t-120 have been Hogue Cz75B front wrap Finger Groove Grips. I know they only have a utilitarian look to them, but they get the job done and do it well!

TriStar T-120 with Hogue Cz75 Finger Groove Grips

One of these days, I'm going to have to get around to taking pics of my T-120 with all the grips I have for it.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline florida man

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 11:40:27 PM »
What pound recoil spring are you running on your gun?  Mine was slinging brass over the horizon with the oem recoil spring and a 13 lb. hammer spring.  Ejection is more “normal “ with a 16 lb. Wolff recoil spring.  I am concerned with frame battering, as this pistol has an alloy frame.  That said, this pistol runs perfectly.  Not one malfunction yet while near the 2k round mark.  Even the Cerokote finish still looks like new.  Definitely one of my better acquisitions as of late.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 06:43:10 PM »
What pound recoil spring are you running on your gun?  Mine was slinging brass over the horizon with the oem recoil spring and a 13 lb. hammer spring.  Ejection is more “normal “ with a 16 lb. Wolff recoil spring.  I am concerned with frame battering, as this pistol has an alloy frame.  That said, this pistol runs perfectly.  Not one malfunction yet while near the 2k round mark.  Even the Cerokote finish still looks like new.  Definitely one of my better acquisitions as of late.

Currently, I'm running the stock recoil spring, and yes it does sling brass into the next county or low earth orbit depending upon the load.  I have been considering a Wolff extra power 15 lb Recoil Spring or so, but the closest they have is the stock 14 lb Spring.  I'm thinking the Wolff Stock 14 lb Spring might just be better than the Stock Spring.  It's on my ever growing list of things to look into.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline florida man

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 09:26:32 PM »
The recoil springs that I ordered from Wolff were for a CZ 75b.  They fit perfectly in the T-120.  I got a 15 lb. and a 16lb. spring.  I did not notice much difference with the 15 lb. installed, but the 16 lb. spring toned things down to more of my liking.  They don’t offer a 17 lb. spring.  The next one up is an 18 lb’r.

anything