Author Topic: CZ 527 Carbine 223 Scope Suggestions w/DIP's pic mount  (Read 176 times)

Offline iMigraine

CZ 527 Carbine 223 Scope Suggestions w/DIP's pic mount
« on: July 20, 2021, 10:15:47 AM »
Hey everyone,

Guess I'm getting to that age where I need to change from irons to optics if I want to be accurate at distance.  My intentions for the scope is mainly for informal target shooting.  I'm currently leaning towards Leupold VX-Freedom 2-7x33 Hunt-Plex (180592) https://www.leupold.com/vx-freedom-2-7x33-hunt-plex  as a possible purchase.  If the front objective lens is larger that 33mm will it hit the rear sight?  Planning to use quick release low scope mounts to maintain good check weld to the stock.  Just curious what others have used with success, thanks.   

Offline david s

Re: CZ 527 Carbine 223 Scope Suggestions w/DIP's pic mount
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 04:26:06 PM »
The Leupold scope that your looking at is fairly short with a total length of 11.04 inches over all. It may well fit behind the rear sight. This will mostly depend on how you set your eye relief. If your a stock crawler and you set your scopes to the forward you could run into problems. If you hold your head in a more upright position and your scope is then set a bit more to the stocks butt you would probably be alright. I have three 527's that came with fixed sights a Lux and a pair of Carbines. The Lux and 223 Carbine both wear 4-12X Redfield scopes set just behind the rear sight. In my case the scopes could be set about 1/4 inch more forward but I just make due. The Lux (a 1993 vintage with the old style bolt handle) use's Warne medium rings (among the lowest available rings) and needed it's bolt ground. The Carbine use's Leupold Medium rings (a bit taller than the Warne) and has the newer style bolt handle and works fine. The 7.62X39 Carbine uses a Leupold 1.5-5X scope set in Warne medium QD rings and the newer bolt handle, this set up works fine. None of my CZ's use rails so I can't comment on them.

Offline david s

Re: CZ 527 Carbine 223 Scope Suggestions w/DIP's pic mount
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2021, 06:48:57 PM »
If you go to page 6 of this forum section you will find a post titled "527 scope mounting?". On the second page you will find a series of photos showing the different bolt handles and a selection of different 1 inch scope rings with a list of ring heights.

anything