Author Topic: Slide questions - P10  (Read 1540 times)

Offline Rittmeister

Slide questions - P10
« on: July 28, 2021, 04:08:11 PM »
1.  I have the original-configuration P10C with no anti-rotation slot in the striker channel.  Primary Machine has stopped offering the service where they machine the slot and supply the updated striker cage.  I got the CGW anti-rotation kit as a stopgap, but can anyone tell me if there's a shop that'll machine the slot and sell me the newer parts?

2.  Is anyone selling complete P10F uppers?  Slide/barrel/striker assembly/recoil spring etc.  I really want one so I can long-slide my C frame when desired.  The P10C uppers are readily available but I haven't found a source for the full-size components.  I don't want to buy a complete F pistol, as I have no real use for the frame (though getting one and chopping the frame is on the table I suppose, though the expense would be considerable).

Any help appreciated!

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Slide questions - P10
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 04:20:40 PM »
I have an early test batch CGW anti-rotation plate installed on my P10C. It has worked flawlessly for thousands of rounds worth of practice and competition use. If you can't find a shop to machine yours, I don’t think you have anything to worry about.

Offline Togmaster

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 06:39:44 AM »
Are you having rotation problems with your striker? I've got an 1st gen P10c with many thousands of rounds through it and never had an issue.
Let's go Brandon!

Offline Rittmeister

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2021, 12:49:19 PM »
I've had no issues.  I just believe in eliminating as much doubt as I can.  I admit it's largely psychological ;)  I'd still like to know whether anyone is machining the slot any more.

Anyone got any info on a P10F upper?

Offline Bossgobbler

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2021, 05:21:44 PM »
Have you called CZ-USA at one time they were doing the mod for free?

Offline Rittmeister

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 08:10:26 PM »
Have you called CZ-USA at one time they were doing the mod for free?

Never heard that before.  I'll give them a call I guess.  I'm not the original owner, bought this P10 used... I wonder if that'll make a difference.

Offline Rittmeister

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 11:17:58 AM »
It has taken a while to get my ducks in a row, but CZ-USA customer service says they'll perform the slide modification for me.  I'm sending the P10 to them today or tomorrow, I'll report back when I have it in hand again.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 05:17:06 PM »
Glad it worked out for you. CZ customer service has always been great for me.

Offline Rittmeister

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2022, 09:56:13 PM »
The P10 is returned!  Here's the after-action report, in hopes it might help others.

I bought this pistol used on the local market, face-to-face.  About the time I was ready to have Primary Machine or whomever add the anti-rotation slot and striker cage to my early-version P10, the service was removed from their site and I couldn't find another vendor who'd provide the machining.

I sought advice here, and as y'all can see BG above suggested I just contact CZ-USA.  Since I'm not the original owner I didn't think of this myself, but to my surprise, they just said "yeah, here's a label, send it in."

The process took about 5 weeks, and I got a weekly email updating the status of the job.  All said and done, it's back, the work is done, and according to them it function-fired just fine.  Not sure when I'll get to the range myself but I anticipate no issues.

I'm pretty pleased overall, so thanks to BG who recommended the action.  Oh - and the whole operation was at no cost to me, as well.

Now, if I can just find a P10F upper to long-slide it when I want... ;)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2022, 03:13:48 AM »
Congrats! I'm sure you will like it even better. I did a video on the rotation non-issue with my first gen P-10C FDE some years ago. It was really huge hype, and nothing to worry about, but CZ made the modifications to keep customers happy, just like you, so that's great! Now you need more CZs - it's an addiCZion... ;D

Offline Rittmeister

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2022, 10:01:39 PM »
Congrats! I'm sure you will like it even better. I did a video on the rotation non-issue with my first gen P-10C FDE some years ago. It was really huge hype, and nothing to worry about, but CZ made the modifications to keep customers happy, just like you, so that's great! Now you need more CZs - it's an addiCZion... ;D

It's actually my most recent CZ ;)  It joined the SP01 and P01 already in my safe, though their oldest sibling - 75B SA - got sold off some years ago.  I like to say that CZs are the best guns no one knows about...

anything