Author Topic: Type 2 vs Type 4 Disconnector Question  (Read 592 times)

Offline gsitexas

Type 2 vs Type 4 Disconnector Question
« on: August 10, 2021, 02:39:14 PM »
Hello All,

First time poster to the CGW sub forum. First of all I would like to thank all of you who post to this forum and provide all the great videos and tutorials pertaining to CZ handgun improvements using the fantastic parts offered by CGW!

The information you have provided has been very beneficial to helping me learn how the various CZ handguns function and how to potentially improve that functionality. I searched throughout this forum but could not find any post describing the various disconnectors offered by CGW both past and present thus the reason for my post today.

I will soon be installing a Pro Package kit into a CZ SP-01 Manual Safety gun. This will be my first such installation. I originally purchased these parts in Dec 2018 but various life events got in the way thus the delay in getting the parts installed.

The CWG disconnector originally purchased and supplied with the RRK-T2 Reach Reduction/Pro Package kit I believe to be a Hybrid Disconnector (Type 2). I also have available a newly obtained Hybrid Disconnector Type 4 (Part Number 1487-T4).

My question pertains to the differences between these two type disconnectors and what functionality/performance difference should I expect depending which I install into my SP-01 Manual Safety gun.

The only physical difference readily apparent in these two type disconnectors is evident on the outermost face of the "wing"/"nub" that protrudes from the right side of the disconnector as viewed from behind the gun.

The "wing" protrusion on both disconnectors has a flat machined surface at the peak height or apex of the wing/nub protrusion. On the Type 4 disconnector this flat machined surface/face is rectangular in shape but on the Type 2 disconnector it appears that the lower right corner of the machined surface has been altered slightly.

Looking directly at the machined flat on the disconnector wing protrusion it appears the lower right edge of the machined area has been beveled away.  This results in the leading edge of the flat machined area closest to the disconnector "hook" being ~ 2/3rd the length of the opposing edge of the machined surface.

I hope this explanation is clear to most and someone can educate me on the anticipated performance difference of these two disconnector types. I know a picture is worth a 1000 words but I'm not yet set up to post photos.

Thanks in advance for your feedback and helping to educate me in this regard!

Keith   

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

Re: Type 2 vs Type 4 Disconnector Question
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 03:11:38 PM »
Best thing to do is call CGW directly and they will be able to answer any questions you might have.

Offline Tok36

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2021, 04:00:17 PM »
   It appears to be a revised version of the Short Reset / Reach Reduction Disconnector (Hybrid) for Firing Pin Block CZ 75 variant pistols. If i am interpreting your description correctly the added bevel may serve to eliminate an uncommon timing issues that can show up in some CZ 75 variant examples.

I am not 100% on this. It is possible that another forum member will offer a more solid answer. For the quickest answer, as SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM suggested, contacting CGW directly is your best bet.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline gsitexas

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2021, 08:29:35 PM »
Thank you guys, my thinking was to check here first to see if someone already knew the answer to my disconnector question before contacting CGW.

I didn't what to interrupt the good folks at CGW while they were busy applying that Cajun magic to the inhouse CZ upgrades!  :)

Offline Tok36

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2021, 09:33:34 PM »
I hear ya, i make an effort not to bother CGW as well. If you find out anything interesting, please let us know. We all learn from this stuff.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

anything