Author Topic: Seems like the forum is showing less traffic/involvement these days??  (Read 7193 times)

p09TSO

Re: Seems like the forum is showing less traffic/involvement these days??
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2021, 05:31:41 PM »
While the myriad "new guy" posts and "welcome" responses help to build the "community" that we are, the lack of "meat" (substantial technical posts) is of some concern at the moment.

Agree.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2021, 01:52:14 AM »
Well, when I get set back up there may be some more "meat" coming. No potatoes, though, ran out.

Offline Laufer

• Retired from air transport business.
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2021, 04:04:23 AM »
Yes. Its my distinct impression.

That’s one reason I stay on THR and AKfiles, with a few exceptions.

My interest in basic VZ-58 topics would be enough to spend half of That total time over here, despite recently buying a nib ZPAP (Zastava USA is the  importer ).

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2021, 08:57:48 AM »
Saw a thread here a couple days ago about Gander Outdoors selling off their guns - including a bunch of used CZ compact pistols.

When I joined the forum a few years back such a thread would have been busy with folks buying/posting pictures of theirs, talking about promised arrival dates, etc.

Then we'd see a few threads on restoration/upgrade projects to get those old guns back into use again, specially modified to meet the buyers desires/needs.

I'm not into buying old decocker pistols, but I enjoyed the threads about getting them up to snuff and how people went about that work.

Liked the before and after pictures, too.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline eastman

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2021, 09:44:55 PM »
Saw a thread here a couple days ago about Gander Outdoors selling off their guns - including a bunch of used CZ compact pistols.

When I joined the forum a few years back such a thread would have been busy with folks buying/posting pictures of theirs, talking about promised arrival dates, etc.

Then we'd see a few threads on restoration/upgrade projects to get those old guns back into use again, specially modified to meet the buyers desires/needs.

I'm not into buying old decocker pistols, but I enjoyed the threads about getting them up to snuff and how people went about that work.

Liked the before and after pictures, too.

They had a vz 50 with a cracked wooden grip on the right side and no grip on the left (otherwise in pretty good shape) for about $110. Now to find some grips.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2021, 02:11:09 AM »
A lot of the surplus deals got snapped up by the first time buyers looking for anything that will shoot.

Offline Laufer

• Retired from air transport business.
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2021, 11:49:15 PM »
A question about a Czech Mauser, VZ-24, just appeared on TheHighRoad (THR).

People take their questions where there is a wide readership.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2021, 12:31:05 AM »
Questions on CZs pop up on every board I am a member on, it happens. Some of the questioners don't know we exist, but we are the biggest repository for CZ specific information. We small but proud. :D

Offline Tok36

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2021, 03:02:30 PM »
This thread about lack of activity on the forums being one of the most active threads on the forums is starting to get weird.  ;D
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2021, 04:36:09 PM »
This thread about lack of activity on the forums being one of the most active threads on the forums is starting to get weird.  ;D

Next we’ll expect Rod Serling to join us and post, “Consider if you will…..” ;D
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2021, 09:46:43 AM »

Been thinking the same thing for a few weeks.  But since I started it I was just keeping quiet.

I've got quite a few CZ pistols.  The last two or three years I've been buying other brands and just can't make one of them shoot like a CZ, so maybe a small part of the blame is on me (for not buying more CZs that outshoot all those other pistols).  If I'd continued buying CZs I'd have contributed more threads on new pistols with pictures.  Somehow, I just don't see me being able to buy another CZ that outshoots the P07/P09 (even though I have several Compacts/P01s and a couple full sized metal framed CZs).  I keep thinking maybe I need to just bite the bullet, get the P09 .40 milled for a red dot and use it for my daily/around the property carry.  I'm about burnt out on the other brands vs. their on paper lack of performance.

Before you ask why the P09 .40 vs. the P07 .40 I conceal carry every day let me tell you it's a dirt/crud thing.  Quite often I need to come in the house, field strip and clean the daily carry pistol due to the outside work I'm doing that puts dust, dirt, mud, rain, sweat, grass, sawdust, etc. all over my pistol/magazines.  Sometimes I find I need to run in the house, wash up some, change clothes and run down the road to buy something to finish the job I'm working on outside.  Having two carry pistols gets me out of the house and down the road without having to clean the one I was carrying outside.

I've not put a red dot on a single non-CZ pistol in the last 10 years.  Four CZs.  Nothing else.  Been holding on to a couple red dots waiting to see what is worth the cost of the milling/back up sights/slide refinishing and the red dot.  Pics when it happens (not soon, trying to get stuff straight after buying the new truck a couple months back.)

Reloading season (cooler temps in the shed) is about here, so more load development work on the 124 grain hollow points in 9MM and the 180 grain hollow points in .40 will re-start.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Winkel

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2021, 09:45:43 AM »
I've been a CZ fanboy for a long time but recently had a chance to shoot a co-worker's old Glock 17.  Admittedly, I've been a Glock basher for decades but have been 'curious' about them for the last couple of years.  He brought that old 17 over and I was ringing my 50 yard steel with it pretty consistently.
That got me more curious about striker-fired guns and I ended up buying a Shadow Systems MR 920 Combat.  It has the same horrible ergonomics but bleep does that gun shoot.  Also, after tuning my P-09 and a couple of P-07s, the simplicity of the Shadow Systems (Gucci Glock) was amazing to me. 
My next 9mm was a Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0 Compact, optics ready.  I have a Holosun in the box just waiting to be mounted but am still wringing the gun out with the irons. 
I guess long story short, I've been looking at other brands and though I feel like I'm cheating, my next gun will likely be a Smith or Glock. 
I feel so dirty saying that......

Offline Joe L

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2021, 12:50:01 PM »

And you should!!   :) :)
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Winkel

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2021, 04:51:27 PM »

And you should!!   :) :)
I know....I know, Joe.  I just couldn't get excited about the P-10 series.  Maybe some day, lol. 

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2021, 12:10:38 AM »
A 2.0 M&P full sized pistol is hard to beat for how good in feels/fits my hand.  I just love it.  I like the dual safeties.  With an Apex trigger it is better than most of my CZ's.  Just an awesome trigger (another $170 or so added to the cost of the pistol though).  But the darn thing still wouldn't shoot with my worst CZs.  Added an Apex fitted barrel and I found one load that shoots with the middle of the road CZs - the Winchester 124 grain FMJ NATO 9MM ammo (I'm not the only one, I've seen that comment from others with similar set ups).

Where's that M&P 2.0 9MM?  In the darn safe, unless I want to carry FMJ ammo all the time.

Good luck with those "off brand" pistols.  Odds are (might be longer than with a CZ) some of them have to shoot good groups.  Good?  Each of us determines whether or not groups suit us.  I see a lot of people satisfied with groups that make me pull my hair out, spend money on aftermarket parts and more money on trying to find a bullet/powder combo that improve that pistol.

Not saying every CZ shoots better than everything else.  Not so.  I have a few out of the bunch that just shoot better than the rest of the CZs.  But even the poorer shooting CZs make most of those other pistols look bad.