Author Topic: Trigger Pack or  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Northern

Re: Trigger Pack or
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2021, 05:56:12 PM »
I would love to know where, if ever, the Timney trigger will be sold (again?). It’s not been available anywhere for so long.

Offline Inspector 12

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2021, 01:20:05 AM »
I have a scorpion carbine and a pistol. On the carbine I spent the money for a CZC trigger installed and tuned by CZC. It is a very nice trigger. On my pistol, I bought it used, but basically fired very little. The previous owner had installed an HBI spring kit and a different trigger shoe. It is ok but nowhere near as nice as the carbine trigger. I haven't opted to spend the money on a second CZC kit because I can just swap the triggers between guns if I want to.

Offline ShakyDog

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2021, 02:05:46 PM »
Not to pour salt in the open wound, but I love my Timney. It works perfectly no modifications needed. I think their first attempt did not allow for the loose manufacturing variance of the Scorpion. (AK like in how it works)

I installed the HBI spring when I first got my Scorpion and it does make the trigger better, just not Timney better  ;D

Steve

Offline CZ-Petey

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2021, 04:58:42 PM »
Not to pour salt in the open wound, but I love my Timney. It works perfectly no modifications needed. I think their first attempt did not allow for the loose manufacturing variance of the Scorpion. (AK like in how it works)

I installed the HBI spring when I first got my Scorpion and it does make the trigger better, just not Timney better  ;D

Steve

+1  I have done the exact progression...... HBI spring kit =4 1/2 pound trigger ...still mushy and unsatisfying.  Popped in the Timney = 3 pounds , no creep. fast reset.... Being a self professed trigger snob  the Timney is well worth the money..

Keep your eyes on MWGW ----$193 on sale a few weeks ago.

Offline boss281

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2021, 05:16:13 PM »

Steve

+1  I have done the exact progression...... HBI spring kit =4 1/2 pound trigger ...still mushy and unsatisfying.  Popped in the Timney = 3 pounds , no creep. fast reset.... Being a self professed trigger snob  the Timney is well worth the money..

Keep your eyes on MWGW ----$193 on sale a few weeks ago.

I'm really curious if Timney is working on a next generation product, and the one in some folk's hands are first gen.  The Customer Service rep wrote "still working on the prototype" in an email last week.
Scorpion Evo S1 Carbine and Pistol, 75BD, SP-01 Tactical CGW Pro Kit, P-01 CGW Defensive Carry Kit, P-07, P-09

Offline CZ-Petey

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2021, 05:25:10 PM »
I got mine about  month ago.....was on a notification subscription, so I don't think it's a gen1 . My understanding is , Timney  held back  ( stopped production) in an effort to address issues that came to light .  The lack of availability for the Gen 2/ updated design is more than likely the result supply chain  and available labor issues.  If you find one , buy it . Should you incur issues = no worries , Timney will make it right. 

Offline wanderson

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2021, 11:26:08 AM »
I just did the $9 spring job and was happy with the lighter pull.
Compared to a lot of my other PCCs, this is still one of the better trigger pulls.

While this platform is certainly worth a $200+ trigger upgrade, I’d spend $9 first and see if that money couldn’t be better spent on optics, mags or ammo.

Offline bravo5two

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2021, 08:54:12 PM »
I got mine about  month ago.....was on a notification subscription, so I don't think it's a gen1 . My understanding is , Timney  held back  ( stopped production) in an effort to address issues that came to light .  The lack of availability for the Gen 2/ updated design is more than likely the result supply chain  and available labor issues.  If you find one , buy it . Should you incur issues = no worries , Timney will make it right.

Would you happen to know what Timney did and to address what issue?  I tried to search but nothing concrete as 'issues'.  I have a Timney (earliest available unit bought directly from Timney), so far so good but would like to keep an eye out for those 'issues'.

Offline CZ-Petey

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2021, 07:52:20 AM »

Would you happen to know what Timney did and to address what issue?  I tried to search but nothing concrete as 'issues'.  I have a Timney (earliest available unit bought directly from Timney), so far so good but would like to keep an eye out for those 'issues'.

No I don't . As you discovered , people do not always convey relevant information in their "Reviews"...... Like One star Because the box arrived damaged. Ok , but what about the trigger? As I recall, another "review"  Claimed  "It's good when it isn't broke" ...Hmmmm, What broke?

Very simply , I  would Pick up the phone and call Timney. Tell them what you have and when you purchased it and does it need to be sent in for any upgrade / retro fit /warranty work?  They'll tell you .

Sorry I couldn't offer more information.
Happy to know you're enjoying your trigger... I really like mine ...Having an early Evo it really makes a difference.

Offline Chris279

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2021, 10:27:27 AM »
I have the BFSIII and love it. I also installed the HBIspring kit on it.  Couple things though, first, the trigger feel is the same as the stock trigger with the HBI spring. Second, the AK safety I very much liked does not work with the binary trigger as it hits the receiver and won’t go into the third position.

Might I suggest the Ascalon Arms trigger pack. It’s raved about by the one guy I know who has it. I know Ascalon is in the Czech Republic but their website is great and their costumer service is great. Jiri speaks and writes excellent English. I’ve ordered several parts and received them all in 7-10 days. No, I have no relationship with them, just a couple good experiences.

Btw, their receiver shim might be the best 23$ shipped I spent on my scorpion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CZ-Petey

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2021, 04:26:20 PM »
I considered the Ascalon  , but didn't want a two stage . Also of concern ,was no stateside support ( that i'm aware of) . In the event the trigger had to be returned to MFG it would cost a pretty penny. Shipping to the U.S. = Cheap ... Out of the U.S. = $$$ .

I have heard good things about the Ascolon and hopefully more to come.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:51:41 AM by CZ-Petey »

Offline Chris279

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2021, 05:25:50 PM »
I considered the Ascalon  , but didn't want a two stage . Also of concern ,was no stateside support ( that i'm aware of) . In the event the trigger had to be returned to MFG it would cost a pretty penny. Shipping to the U.S. = Cheap ... Out of the U.S. = $$$ .

I have good things about it and hopefully more to come.
I never thought about having to ship it back. Definitely a big concern with something like a trigger pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline shootingsight

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2021, 09:22:28 AM »
ShootingSight makes a drop-in 2-stage trigger that is a significant upgrade.  We've been out of stock for a while, but the last component is inbound, so should be back in stock in a few weeks.

If you want to send us an email at info@shootingsight.com, we will reply when we have availability.

https://shootingsight.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo3-2-stage-rps-trigger-drop-in-cage/

Art

anything