Author Topic: Just In Time For Halloween, Another FrankenCZtein  (Read 810 times)

Offline azdover

Just In Time For Halloween, Another FrankenCZtein
« on: October 04, 2021, 05:29:13 PM »
Hello, my name is Pete - and I'm a CZ-holic.

Almost got out of the CZ 75 world, but just couldn't take that last step.  After a number of years with a couple of full size CZ 75s, a Compact, and a PCR, my last remaining CZ was a Kadet II on a CZ Custom frame kit.  The factory sticker on the box said it was a SP01 Shadow frame but I can't really find any info on it.  I'm not sure how some of you guys keep track of all the different models.   I then stumbled across a complete SP-01 Shadow slide (thanks Stuart) and another FrankenCZtein is ALIVE!   

Work I've done so far -
- Changed out the front fiber optic sight
- The extended hammer pin mod
- Added a brass shim to the right side of the sear cage
- Reduced the hammer hooks .010"

The modded extended hammer pin and shim really tightened up the sear cage.  There is almost no movement during trigger press when the safety is engaged.  The reduced hammer hooks reduction also cut down on the hammer camming during the trigger press and pretty much eliminated any felt creep or grittiness.  I didn't mess with the hammer hook angles.  Now, there is just the slightest bit of camming but it is hardly noticeable and the safety is still maintaining a good positive lock up when on.  Trigger pull measures at 4.5 pounds.  With the pre-travel and over-travel screws, the single action pull with the flat face trigger on this CZ is better than the pull on some of my 1911s.   If this gun had a firing pin block, I wouldn't hesitate to use it as an EDC.

Pete

More than I need but not as many as I want

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
Re: Just In Time For Halloween, Another FrankenCZtein
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 10:06:46 PM »
Fellow CZ-holic.  I understand and share your condition.  Just need to buy more safes, and fill them with the wonderful products from Czech Republic.

Wish you all the best in adding to your collection.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline ViperM

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 09:14:33 AM »
That's a CZ 75 SA frame. 

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Blackwatch

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 09:37:26 AM »
It's a wonderful situation to have plenty of CZ goodness at your fingertips  ;)

anything