Author Topic: Thursday was pleasant also! Another 100 yard day with the P-10F  (Read 133 times)

Offline Joe L

Thursday was pleasant also! Another 100 yard day with the P-10F
« on: October 07, 2021, 04:11:02 PM »
Here is a 2 minute video showing the two best five shot groups from this morning's range session.  That's it for this week, gotta quit while I'm ahead.  Maybe a little dry fire this weekend, but will hit the range again next Tuesday or Wednesday.

The Primary Machine barrel performed exactly as it did on Tuesday, and that is a good thing.  This trip, my workaround for the first round hitting high left was to load 6, and then discount the first round and measure the spread for rounds 2-6.  When you look at the video, all of the rounds high left are first round hits after a reload.  I think I had maybe 3 holes from record shots out of the 14 above the target.  So 11 of 12 first rounds hits were above the record target.  That is pretty consistent.  Might try a stronger recoil spring next.  Along with "keep shootin' it."

I did slow down some today and rest my eyes a little between strings and it paid off.  My last string of the 12 I shot was the best.  Usually my best target is the first or second one, not the last one.  This is a good result, also.  I was also able to maintain focus even after another shooter showed up and the range owner was helping him sight in a 6.5 Grendel conversion.  Another good result. 

A fine day at the range with the plastic striker fired service pistol.

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Thursday was pleasant also! Another 100 yard day with the P-10F
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 08:54:25 PM »
Again you amaze me sir, outstanding!