Author Topic: Timney Trigger vs Franklin Armory BFS III  (Read 4836 times)

Offline a1madrid

Timney Trigger vs Franklin Armory BFS III
« on: October 29, 2021, 12:44:06 AM »
These two triggers are my two choices for what I might put in my Scorpion Micro. If I go with the Franklin Armory Binary, I would put the HBI spring kit in it so that it lightens the trigger pull on it. However, I keep hearing phenomenal things about the Timney from people that actually have them. The problem with the Timney is availability. Why is the Timney not available ANYWHERE and when does Timney plan to make them available again? Does anyone have any input or suggestions on the Timney vs the Franklin Armory binary with the HBI spring kit? I wouldn’t want the binary to be just a range toy for mag dumps, that’s why I would put the HBI spring kit in it, to make each individual trigger pull better. This gun will serve as a bag gun, truck gun, and will get home defense roles. Plan to run both suppressed and unsuppressed. Thank you guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gunnerdad80

Re: Timney Trigger vs Franklin Armory BFS III
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 08:21:18 AM »
The FA trigger has been great for me so far with easily over 500 rounds on it. The only failures I’ve had are from me trying to shoot too fast and outrunning the trigger causing hammer follow. But if your gun is gonna serve in a self defense role I’d recommend the Timney or similar triggers just because there are less moving parts to fail. I will say though, I like that the FA trigger has 3 positions, safe/semi/binary. I just don’t see using binary mode in a self defense situation. When adrenaline is flowing I would think it’d be much harder to maintain enough trigger control to not outrun and cause hammer follow. Price is a factor too since the FA is a bit more than a regular semi auto trigger.

I just recently installed a Rise Armament trigger in my AR9 and it’s pretty sweet. But if you’re set on Timney maybe look at primaryarms.com , ar15discounts.com , budsgunshop.com , midwayusa.com. You may have luck there.

Offline CZ-Petey

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 05:53:59 AM »
The Timney is a nice trigger . Picked one up about two months ago .... had to get on the wait list ,several sights, before one popped up. Sign up on as many sights as possible .

Midwest Gun works , usually has the best price...
Good luck.

Offline Vidar

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 09:02:59 PM »
When I buy my scorpion that's the first thing I will adding. Which one gets rid of the terrible safety levers the best lol?

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 09:49:28 PM »
When I buy my scorpion that's the first thing I will adding. Which one gets rid of the terrible safety levers the best lol?

The Franklin Armory safety set is specific to the trigger. You can’t swap them out.

Offline Fuzzy Sights

• > Dirt
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 09:58:08 PM »
Plus one for Timney.  Do not see the binary trigger in any self-defense role.  Explaining it to a jury that it is not a machine gun, would probably not go well, even if it did not cause any reliability issues.

Good luck on your choice.

JW
Vivat et res publica!

Think of me as a Newbee who types a lot.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 10:33:55 PM »
Plus one for Timney.  Do not see the binary trigger in any self-defense role.  Explaining it to a jury that it is not a machine gun, would probably not go well, even if it did not cause any reliability issues.

Good luck on your choice.

JW
Interesting take. You may be a n to something there. I do like my FA trigger though.

Offline Pondwater

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 01:34:33 PM »

The Franklin Armory safety set is specific to the trigger. You can’t swap them out.

The portion that goes through the trigger assembly is proprietary, however you can swap the levers, as long as they will properly clear the receiver when you flip it all the way over.

HOWEVER...

doing this and the previously mentioned spring swap will void any warranty.  Further the spring swap will almost certainly have a negative impact on trigger reset and the binary functionality overall.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2021, 04:46:03 PM »
The Timney is a nice trigger . Picked one up about two months ago .... had to get on the wait list ,several sights, before one popped up. Sign up on as many sights as possible .

Good luck.
How were you able to find one? How did you get on the wait list? Every time I’ve looked I haven’t seen the Timneys available anywhere.

Offline CZ-Petey

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2021, 04:56:28 PM »

Good luck.
How were you able to find one? How did you get on the wait list? Every time I’ve looked I haven’t seen the Timneys available anywhere

Go to the website and sign up for the  "Notify Me when Available " ......

Here , I'll give ya the first one :  https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/scorpion
...there are other's ..Midway...   

Good Luck And be patient ..It'll come around.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2021, 05:03:15 PM »

Good luck.
How were you able to find one? How did you get on the wait list? Every time I’ve looked I haven’t seen the Timneys available anywhere

Go to the website and sign up for the  "Notify Me when Available " ......

Here , I'll give ya the first one :  https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/scorpion
...there are other's ..Midway...   

Good Luck And be patient ..It'll come around.
Sounds good I signed up. I worried that maybe they were not making them currently or were working on something for them. I hope that’s not the case.

Offline CZ-Petey

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2021, 05:08:49 PM »
I believe it's more a problem with supply chain and available labor that anything else.

here's another    https://www.primaryarms.com/timney-triggers-cz-scorpion-trigger
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 05:18:11 PM by CZ-Petey »

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2021, 09:07:30 PM »
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Timney triggers available at several online retailers.

Offline a1madrid

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2021, 09:07:58 PM »
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Timney triggers available at several online retailers.
Do you have a link? Thank you man.

Offline Gunnerdad80

anything