Author Topic: Good boots?  (Read 4925 times)

Offline Hammer Time

Re: Good boots?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2022, 10:11:11 PM »
For cold weather hunting, check out Schnee's boots. Buy once, cry once.

Offline mkd

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2022, 11:02:24 AM »
used sorels for years deer hunting in the cold weather of Wisconsin. i also had seal skinz socks i wore that kept the pack boots bone dry. turkey hunting i used Rocky 8" insulated hiking boots with mid weight insulation and good wick control socks . One important idea of keeping feet warm is to make sure you have lots of room in the boots so the circulation is good and to wear good socks. boot blankets are a good option if you are sitting in a blind all day. sorels are too heavy for run and gun as in spring turkey hunting.

Offline KizerYSTY

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2022, 07:49:34 AM »
I go hunting a lot, you know. I've tried so many bad and good boots. And now I think the most important thing for boots is to be very light and waterproof because if you get your feet wet in winter, you'll find yourself on a coach with a blanket and a thermometer. So last winter, my sons gifted me a pair of men's wedge sole boots. They know what their dad dreams of. I found the same boots for Xmas for them so we could go for a hunt together. So, if you once see 3 men walking in the forest wearing the same boots, you'll recognize us. Be happy!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 06:27:00 AM by KizerYSTY »