Author Topic: Gun Show in Richmond, VA this weekend 11/13 and 14/21  (Read 774 times)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Gun Show in Richmond, VA this weekend 11/13 and 14/21
« on: November 13, 2021, 08:30:37 PM »
Haven't been to a gun show in over a year.  Decided to go to this one this morning and take a look.  Not too crowded.

Lots of ammo.  Still about twice what it costs two years ago.

Just about zero reloading stuff.  A can or two of powder here and there on a table, didn't see any primers.  Didn't see any of the three reloading component dealers I used to see at these gun shows.

Lots of CZ pistols.  I saw a bunch of CZ75 Compacts, a few P01s, a couple PCRs, several CZ75 Omegas (even the Urban Gray models), some P07s, some P10s. 

Didn't see any of the higher dollar CZ pistols.

I talked to the guy I bough the two P01 looking CZ75 Compacts off 3 or 4 years back and he told me he wasn't getting any regular CZ pistols.  When he was offered CZs it was the high dollar pistols he's always had trouble selling and he told his supplier to just sell them to someone else.

I really only checked the price on one CZ pistol.  A P07.  The dealer wanted $695 for it.  WHOA!!  Just shook my head and walked away.

I did walk out with something I never figured I'd ever buy.  Brand new in the box.  Only $499.  I was amazed by the price (way cheaper than I've seen used ones going for on the internet).  The guy told me he'd gotten several of them in awhile back but only had two left.  I got one of them.  It was bone dry inside and outside.  After a field strip and lube/wipe down with an oily cloth it looked much better. 

I sure hope it shoots.  Oh, 9MM, high contrast sights (I think it means three white dots).  DA trigger pull is butt ugly (but most of them are).  SA stops, move a little, stops, moves a little, stops and then goes bang  (well, click, till I get to the range with it.  Feels good in my hand though.  We'll see.  Additional magazines (17 round) on the way.

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline ams

Re: Gun Show in Richmond, VA this weekend 11/13 and 14/21
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 02:43:08 PM »
I haven't been to that show in a couple of years. The last time I was there the only interesting item was a cute red head selling lasers.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 06:36:24 PM by ams »

Offline Bbeefarm

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 06:32:26 PM »
Very nice addition to your collection.  One of my friends swears by his 2022.  Congrats.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 06:39:30 PM »
Took it to the range today.

It doesn't "like" the 115 grain hollow point loads that do so well in my CZ 9s and my M&P Shield 9.  Oh well, I'll have to try some different powder or some 124's.

It did do much better with some 115 grain FMJ reloads.  Very promising.

Not so well with the 125 grain LRN reloads.

Only issue today was the mecgar 17 round magazines.  Fed fine.  Issue is the gap between the bottom of the front grip frame of the pistol and the top edge of the +2 base on the magazines was pinching the snot out of my little finger and was really noticeable after a magazine of ammo.  Not sure what to do about that.  Don't have that issue with the 15 round magazine that came with the pistol.  Looks like I'd have to add a bit to the +2 base top edge in the front - or just get TOUGH!

Good day at the range anyway.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

anything