Author Topic: CZ 600  (Read 5659 times)

Offline crosstimbers

Re: CZ 600
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2021, 11:27:27 AM »
Maybe so. But speaking only for myself I still think it's another industry-spawned situation, as opposed to customer demand issue. But when it comes to that, "why ask why" is spot-on.

In any case, the reason I was first attracted to CZ centerfires was the quality. Built the old way, the right way, accurate as well as fine looking. I hope this new rifle doesn't signal a departure from those things. "new and improved" hardly ever is those things, so I cant help but worry.
It's not saving any water if you have to flush it over and over....

Offline Psyop96

CZ 600
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2021, 12:39:08 PM »
If it’s anything like the 452-453-455-457 evolution, I’m looking forward to it.

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2021, 04:23:12 PM »

Maybe the 600s will be all that and a bag of chips, in fact I hope they are. But like so much else these days, most changes are meant to lower production expense, and are billed as improvements so that something can be sold for even more money than before.

So I'm cynical and skeptical. But I'll try one if someone near me buys one and lets me shoot it. Looking at the site, the Lux model is the one I would be interested in.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 04:27:28 PM by crosstimbers »

Offline Psyop96

CZ 600
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2021, 03:24:31 AM »

Maybe the 600s will be all that and a bag of chips, in fact I hope they are. But like so much else these days, most changes are meant to lower production expense, and are billed as improvements so that something can be sold for even more money than before.

So I'm cynical and skeptical. But I'll try one if someone near me buys one and lets me shoot it. Looking at the site, the Lux model is the one I would be interested in.
I hear you as it’s a business and the competition is tough so that makes reputable manufacturers work harder. I don’t think most people have been disappointed with the plethora of new designs from CZ in just a few years (except for the Bren2 7.62x39 folks and some initial P-10C issues?). However (for the Trail model), I have to look forward to the shorter bolt throw, built-in Picatinny rails (versus the previous ones), more reliable magazine (and common AR mag for the .223), ergonomic safety and mag release, pistol grip that can adjust with P-09 back straps, easier trigger adjustment… yes, it’s going to cost more with the chassis too. Bag of chips wasn’t bad either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2021, 04:36:01 PM »

I hear you as it’s a business and the competition is tough so that makes reputable manufacturers work harder. I don’t think most people have been disappointed with the plethora of new designs from CZ in just a few years

Im not sure how any of the subject at hand involves harder work, or just attempts to reduce production cost (and thereby make more money). As for disappointment, the discontinuation of the 550 was hugely unpopular. I have no doubt that many of us do not care to see the 527 go either, at least I know that I hate the idea.

For a number of years Ive noted disturbing trends among firearms manufacturers, all centered around making things more cheaply and selling them for more money by promoting everything to be "new and improved". It's not just firearms either, it's all industry. The tank water heater of thirty years ago was generally counted on to last around ten years, today you would be lucky to get five or six years out of one. Built more cheaply, but not priced more cheaply.

So, (shrug) like I said. I wont condemn something I havent even touched at this point. But considering that the 557 replacement of the 550 was strictly an issue of lowering production costs, I cant help but worry that we are just a hop and skip away from molded plastic trigger guards and the same flimsy internal parts my gunsmith tells me are common on newer American rifles.

Hoping for the best.  ;)

Offline Psyop96

CZ 600
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2021, 05:02:51 PM »
The devices and ways that we are using to communicate here and elsewhere is a small example of hard and smarter work going on in a competitive market place. Some may choose to use or not use them. Some will never accept polymer frame, striker-fired, non-inverted rail slide pistols should CZ ever decide to go in that direction I’ll just speak for myself and again say that I look forward to checking out the new 600.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 05:20:10 PM by Psyop96 »

Offline david s

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2021, 09:29:28 PM »
If you go to the CZ-USA site and look under the DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS section you will find the model 527 and a 2021 date. That's a shame.                                                                                                                                                                                       https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-american/

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2021, 10:18:42 AM »
If you go to the CZ-USA site and look under the DISCONTINUED PRODUCTS section you will find the model 527 and a 2021 date. That's a shame.                                                                                                                                                                                       https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-527-american/

Yes it certainly is.

I'll be looking at shows, every now and again I spot one. But I really never dreamed they would discontinue them so I hadn't seriously been trying to pick up another. I will be now.

Offline Nerostarr

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2021, 06:40:08 AM »
CZ has already listed all the 527's as discontinued on their website, me personally I think this is a big mistake on their part as these rifles have a strong following. I guess time will tell as I haven't even held or seen a 600 yet but according to their website, only the Lux model would interest me and I'm not a big fan of the hogback style stock.

Offline david s

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2021, 10:35:57 PM »
Better get them while you can, look at what happened to CZ 452 prices after that model was discontinued. My crystal ball has never been very accurate but something tells me the CZ 527's are going to increase more than a little.

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2021, 05:56:59 AM »
I did some more reading about the 600, the lux being the only one I would be interested in. I had missed that it comes with a wooden bolt knob. This is a head-scratcher for me, I'm not sure who felt this might be an appealing feature, but...or perhaps one could make the argument that it is to reduce weight (weak). I am aware of uncommon features like skeleton butt plates, etc. But cant think of a single instance where I've seen a rifle with a wooden bolt knob. But in the end, I suspect once again that reducing production cost is the actual reason. In any case it doesn't increase my urge to want one, does anyone know of another design that incorporates this feature?

Offline alp3367

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2021, 11:50:46 AM »
I had missed that it comes with a wooden bolt knob. This is a head-scratcher for me, I'm not sure who felt this might be an appealing feature, but...or perhaps one could make the argument that it is to reduce weight (weak).

Ha, yeah. That's a weird one. It's not to reduce weight or cost, just a weird European design sensibility. Easy to screw off and replace if desired.

Offline david s

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2021, 06:13:38 PM »
I think Sako offered a wooden bolt knob on one of their rifles. It was one of the newer designs and a switch barrel set up also. There seemed to be a bit of a cottage industry with people threading the older 527's for various different bolt knob so maybe CZ considers it a plus, who knows.

Offline eastman

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2021, 08:46:40 PM »
I had missed that it comes with a wooden bolt knob. This is a head-scratcher for me, I'm not sure who felt this might be an appealing feature, but...or perhaps one could make the argument that it is to reduce weight (weak).

Ha, yeah. That's a weird one. It's not to reduce weight or cost, just a weird European design sensibility. Easy to screw off and replace if desired.

Doesn't the Swiss K31 use a wooden barrel-shaped knob on the straight-pull bolt?
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline crosstimbers

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2021, 06:13:41 AM »

Doesn't the Swiss K31 use a wooden barrel-shaped knob on the straight-pull bolt?

I had one of those, and I'm not sure what material the pull-knob was, but I dont think it was wood.