Author Topic: CA model with wood grips  (Read 215 times)

Offline VJSilva

CA model with wood grips
« on: November 18, 2021, 02:26:43 PM »
Hi,

New member here and I have a question about the 97B CA model.
My local gun shop in NC has the SKU 1401 model (CA) and I would purchase it if someone can explain to me if there are any other differences between SKU 1401 and SKU 1411 besides the wood grips?
Is the CA model exactly the same as the latest Aluminum grips model, except with wood grips to be kept on the CA registry?

Thanks,
Vic

Offline eastman

Re: CA model with wood grips
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 09:32:37 PM »
that is essentially it.

When CZ changed the 97B from the wood grips to aluminum, it became a completely different pistol in the eyes of the Kalifornia Kommisars (and is therefore off of the approved roster). Making some of them with wood grips and the original SKU means they can sell them there.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline VJSilva

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 07:39:30 PM »
Thanks eastman,

I received the same answer when I called CZ USA.
There are slightly different options when you get the aluminum grip version, but the wooden grip version is essentially the same as the aluminum grip version with the plain sights.

Just went out the first time with it and it shot incredibly accurately for the first time shooting it.

--Victor

Offline eastman

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 10:22:17 PM »
Thanks eastman,

I received the same answer when I called CZ USA.
There are slightly different options when you get the aluminum grip version, but the wooden grip version is essentially the same as the aluminum grip version with the plain sights.

Just went out the first time with it and it shot incredibly accurately for the first time shooting it.

--Victor

I used to demo for CZ until the world (and all of my scheduled events) ended in March of 2020
I don't look like my avatar!

anything