Author Topic: Picked up my dynamic duo, Orange style  (Read 243 times)

Offline nickshawn

Picked up my dynamic duo, Orange style
« on: November 23, 2021, 10:45:39 PM »
Will keep a long story short but broke down and ordered a TSO 40SW about a week ago. Fast forward to Sat, hanging out in the shop and checking on delivery eta when in walks a guy with a large black case.... he's trading in a Shadow 2 Orange of all things... so you know how this is going to end. I wait patiently while he finishes his deal and then as soon as he hits the door I'm working out a purchase... :-)

Fast forward to today and the TSO arrives and I pick them both up! Can't wait to shoot them this weekend!

Offline nickshawn

Re: Picked up my dynamic duo, Orange style
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 10:47:24 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JimLob65

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 05:19:24 AM »
I recently bought a S2O, and about 6 weeks later a TSO.  Love them, but man are they tight!  I no longer run grease on mine.  Great shooters though, and with a simple mainspring change in the S2O you will become a trigger snob!  Just remember.... There is no 'staging' the trigger on the TSO 8)!

Offline nickshawn

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 06:25:44 PM »
yeah I was amazed at how tight the TSO was when I broke it down to clean it last night!

I know what you mean about the SA trigger as well, had one of the original two-tone TS and man oh man what a nice clean trigger.

Range report to follow soon I hope. Weather looking kind of nasty for tomorrow

Offline houndogone

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 04:35:15 PM »
Congrats. I've been debating between the Shadow 2 Orange and the TSO.  Ended up getting the Shadow primarily because I think it's the more versatile of the two, and I'm thinking about trying some steel challenge USPSA type shooting.  Plus I already have what I consider to be some bleep nice target pistols, including a SW Model 41 (w/red dot), an Alchemy 1911 in 9mm and a Rock River Arms 1911 bullseye pistol with a red dot on it.  I can generally keep about 90% of my shots inside a 3" circle at 50 ft with any of these three guns and to the extent I get a flyer, it's all me.

So I really don't NEED a TSO as well.  However, I have no doubt I'll eventually end up with one. :)