Author Topic: P07 Pro Package worth it?  (Read 8568 times)

Offline Swamp ash

Re: P07 Pro Package worth it?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 12:22:28 PM »
Yes
Ruger rimfire fan

Offline oldtimer48

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2022, 11:37:18 AM »
Yes $ well spent

Offline Mjolnir

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2022, 04:06:17 PM »
Absolutely worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steveja

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2022, 05:34:07 AM »
I installed the P-01 Omega kit myself.  It actually looks like a very similar in effort as the P-07 Pro kit (one extra optional spring, I think).
Aside from re-installing the trigger spring - it's straightforward. [*DO* buy the proper metric pilot punchs; 2 & 3mm for my pistol].

DA pull went from 10.39 lb to 7.31 lb (3.08lb less)
SA pull was barely changed, from 3.40 lb to 3.26 lb (0.14lb less).  I wouldn't want the SA pull any lighter.

The pull is smoother (perhaps due to polishing).  It did feel slightly scratchy when new and before the kit.
The break is crisp (but was fine before the kit).
Reset is less, and has a positive feel, but I can't compare accurately.

Yes, the kit was great and worthwhile to me.   Someone w/ more background might tell you, but I think if you replaced ~2 springs and polished the firing pin block-stop and trigger bar you'd have 95% of the gain.  The two short-rest parts are the rest.

===

Not to derail, but ....

Can anyone explain HOW to install the trigger spring  ?
It looks like a similar spring on 75's, P-01 and P-07.  Atorsion spring.  Looks like
https://cdn1.cajungunworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/11094423/RP-TRS-1.jpg
and YOW is it hard to install.

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2022, 08:37:46 AM »
@steveja

Check out Joe L post one page 1 showing his youtube link to his videos. It is not bad once you know what needs to happen. Slave pin is the key. I have used pieces of cotton swabs in the past.

Offline Mjolnir

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2022, 07:47:55 PM »
I’ve seen a few posts/videos of people saying the P07 pro package isnt worth the money and that it hardly changes things besides a short reset. How many of you guys found the upgrade worth the money. Im currently waiting on the black nitride trigger to come back in stock so i can place an order but might get impatient and get the stainless, granted that im not further convinced it isnt worth the price.
It’s worth it but… all pistols don’t “respond” as well as others. And I got that tidbit from Cajun Gun Works, themselves.

I’d buy it and install it or send it to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline czfwguy

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2022, 01:09:24 PM »
I’ve seen a few posts/videos of people saying the P07 pro package isnt worth the money and that it hardly changes things besides a short reset. How many of you guys found the upgrade worth the money. Im currently waiting on the black nitride trigger to come back in stock so i can place an order but might get impatient and get the stainless, granted that im not further convinced it isnt worth the price.

Sometimes some people do not understand the worth of something until they lose that thing.

The P07 pro package is worth the money for me.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2022, 01:27:24 PM »
It’s worth it but… all pistols don’t “respond” as well as others. And I got that tidbit from Cajun Gun Works, themselves.

I’d buy it and install it or send it to them.

X 2. I think it's worth objectivey evaluatiing what you think your particular pistol is lacking, and what it will take to address those specific issues. Some stock models will benefit greatly from the whole package, some may really only need some of those upgrades. It's a combination of both what you want, and how your pistol currently performs, for your needs.

Offline The Principal

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2022, 10:33:46 PM »
My stock P-07 trigger leaves a lot to be desired; The worst trigger of any firearm I’ve owned. The trigger is very crunchy until you hit the wall. Unfortunately, the “wall” isn’t too easy to distinguish between the crunchiness. I am on the CGW waitlist for the pro package… Hope to get the email soon.

Offline CCWLearner

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2022, 08:03:44 AM »
My stock P-07 trigger leaves a lot to be desired; The worst trigger of any firearm I’ve owned. The trigger is very crunchy until you hit the wall. Unfortunately, the “wall” isn’t too easy to distinguish between the crunchiness. I am on the CGW waitlist for the pro package… Hope to get the email soon.

If I recall correctly, you run your P-07 with the safety, and carry cocked and locked?  So you are mainly concerned with the SA creep, which it sounds like you have a lot of on your particular pistol.  Elimination of that creep is mainly accomplished by replacing the hammer, either with the CGW hammer, or the CZC race hammer will also do it from what I have read on this forum.

Anyway, if it were me and I was looking to save some time and money, I'd probably just order the CGW hammer and install it myself.  Other aspects of the Pro Package are intended to smooth out and reduce pull weight for a DA trigger pull which you probably don't care about as a cocked & locked carry person.  You may not want to tear your pistol down and deal with any possible fitment issues with the safety lever, sear, and the CGW hammer, so sending it in would avoid any of that.

Offline The Principal

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2022, 07:54:47 PM »

If I recall correctly, you run your P-07 with the safety, and carry cocked and locked?  So you are mainly concerned with the SA creep, which it sounds like you have a lot of on your particular pistol.  Elimination of that creep is mainly accomplished by replacing the hammer, either with the CGW hammer, or the CZC race hammer will also do it from what I have read on this forum.

Anyway, if it were me and I was looking to save some time and money, I'd probably just order the CGW hammer and install it myself.  Other aspects of the Pro Package are intended to smooth out and reduce pull weight for a DA trigger pull which you probably don't care about as a cocked & locked carry person.  You may not want to tear your pistol down and deal with any possible fitment issues with the safety lever, sear, and the CGW hammer, so sending it in would avoid any of that.
Thank you for your advice, it all makes perfect sense. I do not carry cocked and locked, as I have the de-cocker installed. You must be thinking of someone else.. Most of my gripes are in SA. DA isn’t too smooth, but a little more tolerable than SA.

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2022, 06:04:52 PM »
     Mine did require a lot of break-in and polishing, but is a trusted HD pistol after 5K+ rounds. The Wife's was nice OOB and got better with over 4K rounds through it.

The price of two CGW Pro Packages for your P-07s is far less than the cost of 9,000 rounds you fired downrange to break them in, unless you reload on the cheap.
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone — Satin Nickel/Matte Blue
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak People's Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

Offline carbinefan

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2022, 11:46:55 PM »
It's definitely worth it! It significantly improved the DA and SA trigger

Offline farmer10

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2022, 01:40:41 AM »
Worth it. I love mine

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2022, 08:18:19 AM »
So, at this point I am going to say it is worth it. I had never done a full kit to any of my guns. I had always just installed a few and cleaned up the stock parts. Well, on a P09 I went ahead an ordered the last couple parts that complete the pro Package and wow. This P09 did not have a great trigger to begin with and did not respond as great as my other ones to CGW parts. However, now it has a really good trigger. The only part I did not indtall is the CGW roller. This did prompt me to go ahead and order a full Pro Package for another P09 that already has a pretty decent stock trigger. So I am expecting the results to be excellent.