Author Topic: Anyone keep theirs “stock”?  (Read 3862 times)

Offline newageroman

Re: Anyone keep theirs “stock”?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2022, 12:24:43 PM »
so... I got some initial pricing from the custom shop.
I'm considering these:
E-conv
rail
mag catch cut for S2
stipiling - if anyone has CZC stipiling job pics, pls share - this is the one I'm most on the fence about. I may just skip it.

I'll do the SAO conversion when it gets back

75B-ZomBullShadow SAO Build (current fav)
SP-01-SAO-compedOpenMajor w/DOT
97B stock for now
SAR copies
..others..

Offline Arko

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2022, 12:31:41 PM »
Im sure the 97 is just fine stock, but I wouldnt know. Like my P-01 I ProPac'd mine before I fired a shot through either. Would I have been well served with either in their factory form? Im sure of it, theyre fine guns just like any other CZ Ive ever shot personally BUT.....I did not buy these to keep them stock. My express reason for both of these guns was to do exactly what I did to them both, have two very, very nice shooting, world class firearms and thats what I have I feel. Was either gun worth the added expense? They are now.
Seriously, I knew what I was going to do to them the second I bought them. I did the install myself and still have every single stock part in two little ziplok baggies and every part is brand spanking new so I have the ability to return them to stock form if I ever need to, which I dont see happening.
I would like to have the E conversion but once its altered like that it is forever and my 97 is PLENTY accurate. I have two loads I worked up for it that will make anyone jealous. Not sure I really need the E, but maybe one day.

Offline newageroman

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2022, 01:18:47 PM »
dig your style. did you follow the 75B build threads or was there a 97 thread you preferred. I've heard they are about the same.
97B stock for now
SAR copies
..others..

Offline WxGuy

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2022, 07:16:58 AM »
I just picked up a 97b last Friday and ran a few 230g and 200g offerings through it.  Real nice!  However, me being a CZ trigger snob, I changed the hammer spring to a 12lbs CZC spring bringing the DA down to 6.6lbs before any parts and polishing!.  It shot everything I put in the mags.  This one simple spring change may keep me from modifying any further.  I'll likely get some nice, grippier LOK grips and perform a full polish job and call it a day.  This is a real nice 45acp pistol and I sold my 1911s.

Offline timetofly

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2022, 06:41:07 PM »
I can’t leave well enough alone.  Mine got a trip to CZC last year for a few upgrades.  Competition hammer, short reset disconnector, ACCU bushing, CZC optic plate cut,Leupold DPP reflex sight, high cuts on the trigger guard and beaver tail, and nitride refinishing.    It was a little much, but it feels more like my S2 now.  About the only stock parts on my 97B are the original Cheese grater grips.  But it is what I was looking for

Offline newageroman

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2022, 09:30:40 PM »
sick, have we seen pics of this thing? I didn't think about the high cuts - how much were they?. The S2 mag catch on the weird 97 frame is quite comfy
97B stock for now
SAR copies
..others..

Offline timetofly

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2022, 08:34:09 PM »
sick, have we seen pics of this thing? I didn't think about the high cuts - how much were they?. The S2 mag catch on the weird 97 frame is quite comfy
https://czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=114694.0

Offline hammer_fired

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2022, 05:09:36 PM »
Converted my 97B to sao. Awesome trigger without touching anything else.

Offline Makaroviii

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2022, 10:29:50 AM »
I have an early 97B, made in 1998. Bone stock, a tack driver. The only thing I consider changing would be the sights and the barrel bushing to one of the newer styles since the original barrel bushing has a tiny cutout over the recoil spring housing.

Potestas Democraticorum delenda est!
NRA Endowment Member

The three most important components of stopping power are bullet placement, bullet placement and bullet placement. - Evan Marshall

Offline Sancho

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2022, 09:32:46 PM »
I just picked up a 97b last Friday and ran a few 230g and 200g offerings through it.  Real nice!  However, me being a CZ trigger snob, I changed the hammer spring to a 12lbs CZC spring bringing the DA down to 6.6lbs before any parts and polishing!.  It shot everything I put in the mags.  This one simple spring change may keep me from modifying any further.  I'll likely get some nice, grippier LOK grips and perform a full polish job and call it a day.  This is a real nice 45acp pistol and I sold my 1911s.

I did the same spring change and find that the result is more than good enough.  I did do the fancy LOK grips though too.
I was already despicable, long before it was cool!

anything