Author Topic: Tanfoglio Grips?  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Gunnerdad80

Re: Tanfoglio Grips?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2022, 02:15:12 PM »
Dang! That was a score. Is it stainless or hard chromed like mine?
Either way, I think zebrawood would look good on it....

Oh nice, Zebra wood would look sweet! Yes, all solid stainless. Another reason I couldn’t resist. I’d never seen one in all stainless, with adjustable front site and extended beaver tail. I paid quite a bit more than I wanted to but the virus took hold... ;D

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2022, 01:05:22 AM »
Oh nice, Zebra wood would look sweet! Yes, all solid stainless. Another reason I couldn’t resist. I’d never seen one in all stainless, with adjustable front site and extended beaver tail. I paid quite a bit more than I wanted to but the virus took hold... ;D

There were only limited runs of Stainless Steel models made over two years and they tend to be quite rare.
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2022, 09:37:35 AM »

There were only limited runs of Stainless Steel models made over two years and they tend to be quite rare.

I felt like it would be a rare model being that most of the time I see a Tanfoglio listed as “stainless” it’s almost always hard chrome.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2022, 05:08:38 PM »
A few more images. Original box in good condition and pretty clean. Comp'd barrel looks to be unused. I haven't even swapped barrels to test fit. I love that it's a small frame too since I have tons of mags to fit already.

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2022, 06:30:29 PM »
Vsry very Nice!  8)  Congratulations!  :)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline mrcabinet

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2022, 07:52:48 AM »
I have to throw a little tease out here...

No matter where you're going, there you are.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2022, 11:47:04 AM »
I have to throw a little tease out here...

Niiice :o :D 8)

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2022, 12:10:08 PM »
A few more images. Original box in good condition and pretty clean. Comp'd barrel looks to be unused. I haven't even swapped barrels to test fit. I love that it's a small frame too since I have tons of mags to fit already.

If anyone has a Springfield P9 full-size, I’m selling the spare comp’d barrel. It does not fit the Tanfoglio. I’ll place an official ad in the classified section when I get a chance. Gonna sell it for $180, shipping included as long as it’s not crazy expensive.

Offline flareside_ford

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2022, 08:02:58 AM »
What keeps the comped barrel from fitting the Tanfoglio?

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2022, 08:24:03 AM »
I’m not entirely sure but I can reinstall it and give it a better look tonight. When I installed it the other day there was slight resistance when racking the slide rearward and I had to bump it back into battery. There’s just some minor interference somewhere. Again, I’ll check it out tonight to give a better idea. I just don’t wanna modify anything to make it fit. I will say though, the Springfield barrel looks to be much better quality than my factory barrel.

Offline flareside_ford

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2022, 08:38:39 AM »
I am curious because I think Tanfoglio made the Springfield guns. Maybe they sold the barrel as gunsmith fit?

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2022, 10:47:16 AM »
I am curious because I think Tanfoglio made the Springfield guns. Maybe they sold the barrel as gunsmith fit?
As far as I know Tanfoglio made the parts and Springfield finished them out.

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2022, 11:35:58 AM »
I'd like to give a shout out to mrcabinet. Thanks for the awesome wood grips.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 12:46:27 PM by Gunnerdad80 »

Offline Gunnerdad80

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2022, 12:45:59 PM »

Ok, so I did another test fit of the barrel and gave a closer look. Now this doesn't happen often ;D but, it appears I may have been wrong about the fitment of the threaded barrel(TB). I took some comparison photos for reference. The TB feed ramp is extended a bit more than the factory barrel and the hole for the slide lock/release pin in the locking lug is smaller and shorter providing a tighter lockup in battery. When hand cycling the slide I would have to bump it into battery and the side was really hard to rack from full battery but smooth operating otherwise. The most impressive part, to me anyway, is how tight the barrel lugs on the TB lock into the slide. When I say there is no movement or play I mean absolutely zero. I believe if I were to fire 100 rounds or so through it it may wear in a little and fit perfect. Any thoughts on this?

Offline flareside_ford

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2022, 01:17:49 PM »
I would say shoot the TB if you are sure it is locking up. I had a 10mm barrel I bought to use in my .40 slide that was the sane tight fit when I got it. Shooting it made it fit better.