Author Topic: Brand new SP-01 Tactical Suppressor Ready issues  (Read 711 times)

Offline lwnemesis

Brand new SP-01 Tactical Suppressor Ready issues
« on: June 05, 2022, 12:45:34 AM »
Hello,

I just bought a brand new SP-01 Tactical Suppressor Ready model 89253 and I have some issues. There is a color difference between the frame and the slide. The slide is a couple of shades lighter and the color looks uneven. Is this common? The other issue is I think much worse. The rear sight is crooked. I have never seen this on any gun and I am very disappointed. Anyone have an issue like this? I will try to add pics if I can figure out how.

https://imgur.com/7NIDz4f

https://imgur.com/sIXRiI6
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 01:29:45 AM by lwnemesis »

Offline lwnemesis

Re: Brand new SP-01 Tactical Suppressor Ready issues
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 12:46:15 AM »
reserved

Offline tdogg

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 11:06:27 AM »
I've never seen a sight not flat across the top of the slide.   That would certainly be going back to cz for warranty.

I'm not even sure how that could have happened?  Is the dovetail cut at an angle?  Or is the sight damaged/ deformed?

Cheers,
Toby

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This forum rocks!

Offline lwnemesis

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 12:00:22 PM »
It looks like they forced the sight on as there is a metal shaving on the left side of the gun. I can't believe this passed QC. This is my 3rd CZ and second CZ handgun. I tried to take better pics.

https://imgur.com/oyewHSX
https://imgur.com/W51tacq

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 12:21:20 PM »
So you contacted CZ right? They’re sending a shipping label right? Just wondering why you bought this with obvious defects?
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 12:31:40 PM »
That gun failed the most important QC test - the end user. Call CZ and get a warranty RMA.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline lwnemesis

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 12:37:46 PM »
I specifically wanted this model as it has been discontinued and very few of these are still available NIB from dealers. I had this shipped to my FFL from an online dealer and was in a hurry when I did the purchasing. I held the gun a grand total of about 1 minute before starting the paperwork. So I did not notice this until I I got home and actually started looking at it. I only saw this yesterday and thought I post and ask here if anyone has seen something like this. I'm not bashing CZ, I'm just a bit disappointed. I don't know if I will contact CZ as the plan for this gun is to mill the slide for an RMR.

Offline SoCal

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2022, 08:59:57 AM »
very few of these are still available NIB from dealers. I had this shipped to my FFL from an online dealer

With the difference in color I just wonder if this a "Frankenstein" gun assembled from different parts.  It might be interesting to see what CZ says.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 09:06:07 AM by SoCal »
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline pcar157

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 10:12:56 AM »
I think that sight is awful and the color difference horrendous. As someone suggested, wonder if the gun was assembled from different parts.
Send those photos to CZ and see what they say.

Offline tdogg

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2022, 05:40:18 PM »
It's hard to tell due to shadows but in the picture it looks like the sight isn't flat in the dovetail.  They bubba'd that sight into the dovetail alright.  That's the first time I've seen that happen before.

If you planning on milling, might as well refinish the slide while your at it.  Maybe CZ can give you a store credit or a couple of magazines for your trouble.  That would be my angle when I called them.

Cheers,
Toby

This forum rocks!

Offline lwnemesis

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2022, 03:32:30 PM »
Sent this puppy to CZ to get serviced. we will see what they say.

Offline Steve Menegon

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2022, 09:58:00 PM »
I sent my original one back to CZ because the front sight was tilted. They sent a new gun in return. Something about removing the sight and damaging the coating, repairs to coating taking too long, so a new gun was sent.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 10:06:58 PM by Steve Menegon »

Offline SoCal

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2022, 02:11:34 PM »
That sight is made in Pisa, Italy... ::)
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2022, 05:03:46 PM »
Sadly, this kind of stuff is becoming all too frequent with CZ QC. On the bright side, you're milling for a dot and the Urban Gray Polycoat flakes off quickly anyway. Might as well have the slide nitrided or DLC'ed.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 06:52:35 PM by Earl Keese »

Offline Hunter58

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2022, 06:28:48 PM »
Wow that's a bummer.  I recently purchased the same gun (used), same color but mine is all the same color.  Since it's new I sure hope CZ takes care of that for you.  I'm surprised on online seller would sell it like that.
Here is what mine looks like:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 06:34:10 PM by Hunter58, Reason: Added photo »

anything