Author Topic: First range visit for brand new 457  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Alamo_308

First range visit for brand new 457
« on: June 20, 2022, 04:29:17 PM »
First rounds ever fired. I imagine it will take a lot more rounds down the tube before making any ammo decisions, but today was mostly for fun and to gauge the potential. After a few fouling rounds, I zeroed first with the SK Match Flat Nose on a sighting bull not shown in the image. All bulls were then shot with the original SK Match zeroed scope settings. As I was just out for fun and ammo auditions, the gun is wearing just a basic Caldwell bipod, and the rear rest is the Protektor minimalist version (simple bunny ear bag).

USAF Vietnam Veteran, NRA and VFW Life Member, NRA-certified Rifle Instructor and Range Safety Officer. Retired but teaching part-time (Conversational Chinese). Bagpipe band drummer. Living history presenter (WW2 BEF pre-Dunkirk). Craft beer IPA researcher.

Offline timetofly

Re: First range visit for brand new 457
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 06:22:54 PM »
Pretty good shooting for the first day.  Looks like you have answered some of the which ammo works questions. 
All of life’s journeys begin by putting one foot in front of the other.

skin

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 06:00:22 PM »
 Good shooting. The journey has just started. It's really nice to try a wide variety of ammo. After some break-in, I  think the groups will get tighter.

Offline Alamo_308

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 12:35:28 PM »
Good shooting. The journey has just started. It's really nice to try a wide variety of ammo. After some break-in, I  think the groups will get tighter.
Yep, plenty of time to try more. But ya know, if that Eley Tenex Biathlon group was much tighter if would be a single big bug-hole. That really looks promising. I just picked up a brick of it to try at my next ARA club event.
USAF Vietnam Veteran, NRA and VFW Life Member, NRA-certified Rifle Instructor and Range Safety Officer. Retired but teaching part-time (Conversational Chinese). Bagpipe band drummer. Living history presenter (WW2 BEF pre-Dunkirk). Craft beer IPA researcher.

Offline cournot

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2022, 01:34:33 AM »
Everything looks great!  Enjoy yourself.

Offline danmac

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 12:17:27 AM »
Good groups for the first rounds out of a new rifle.  They should tighten up after a 150rds or so and other ammo testing.

Offline Fyrfyter

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 06:04:22 PM »
sweet
Shadow 2
Shadow 2 Compact
SP-01
PCR
75 Police Model
P-01
Rami
85 Combat