Author Topic: First range visit for brand new 457  (Read 211 times)

Offline Alamo_308

First range visit for brand new 457
« on: June 20, 2022, 04:29:17 PM »
First rounds ever fired. I imagine it will take a lot more rounds down the tube before making any ammo decisions, but today was mostly for fun and to gauge the potential. After a few fouling rounds, I zeroed first with the SK Match Flat Nose on a sighting bull not shown in the image. All bulls were then shot with the original SK Match zeroed scope settings. As I was just out for fun and ammo auditions, the gun is wearing just a basic Caldwell bipod, and the rear rest is the Protektor minimalist version (simple bunny ear bag).

USAF Vietnam Veteran, NRA and VFW Life Member, NRA-certified Rifle Instructor and Range Safety Officer. Retired but teaching part-time (Conversational Chinese). Bagpipe band drummer. Living history presenter (WW2 BEF pre-Dunkirk). Craft beer IPA researcher.

Offline timetofly

Re: First range visit for brand new 457
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 06:22:54 PM »
Pretty good shooting for the first day.  Looks like you have answered some of the which ammo works questions. 

Offline skin

Re: First range visit for brand new 457
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 06:00:22 PM »
 Good shooting. The journey has just started. It's really nice to try a wide variety of ammo. After some break-in, I  think the groups will get tighter.