Author Topic: Heck of a SCOTUS ruling!  (Read 6358 times)

Offline Skookum

• Truth is the new hate speech.
Heck of a SCOTUS ruling!
« on: June 23, 2022, 03:15:20 PM »

6 to 3!

Say goodbye to may-issue carry permitting.  And, probably not part of the ruling, but clearly stated in dicta, say goodbye soon to bans of so-called large capacity magazines and so-called semi-automatic assault rifles.

Clarence Thomas is a great American.
Skookum
Browning Challenger III, .22 Long Rifle, Glossy Blue
CZ 83, 9 Browning Court, Satin Nickel
CZ 75 Compact, 9 Luger, Dual Tone — Satin Nickel/Matte Blue
CZ 82, 9 Makarov, Czechoslovak People's Army Black
CZ 83, 7.65 Browning, Glossy Blue
Beretta 3032 Tomcat, .32 Auto, Inox

Offline david s

Re: Heck of a SCOTUS ruling!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 05:32:03 PM »
Yes, it is a heck of a ruling. But I very much doubt the battles over.

Offline radagast

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 05:45:44 PM »
    Definitely a good ruling, but there will always be opposition to the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
I'm sure the "may issue" states will still do everything they can to fight on ! 
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline Skookum

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 07:22:46 PM »
https://thelibertydaily.com/scotus-rules-in-favor-of-constitutional-carry/

From the Court's decision:

"The exercise of other constitutional rights does not require individuals to demonstrate to government officers some special need. The Second Amendment right to carry arms in public for self defense is no different. New York’s proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment by preventing law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their right to keep and bear arms in public."

From The Truth About Guns:

"Keep in mind, however, that this doesn’t mean that anti-gun jurisdictions like New York, California, Hawaii and others will now be handing out concealed carry permits like candy. Expect them to put up barriers such as high fees and extensive training requirements (which, if they’re too burdensome, will then be challenged in the courts). Today’s ruling simply means that that these governments can no longer make arbitrary decisions regarding whose civil rights can be exercised and whose can’t."

Skookum

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 07:32:32 PM »
"We too agree, and now hold, consistent with Heller and McDonald, that the Second and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's right to carry a handgun for self defense outside the home"
Sweet, sweet music for battered ears.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 09:18:24 PM »
"We too agree, and now hold, consistent with Heller and McDonald, that the Second and Fourteenth Amendments protect an individual's right to carry a handgun for self defense outside the home"
Sweet, sweet music for battered ears.

X2 and Amen.

Offline Skookum

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 10:06:17 PM »
Congress and Biden violate NYSRPA v Bruen just days after the decision:

Guesses as to how far up the federal court chain the inevitable quick challenge will go before this tyrannical act is voided?
Skookum

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2022, 01:31:24 AM »
New Jersey apparently immediately modified their CCW laws to be in compliance. However, the new rules from NY State and California's recently passed laws show a serious disregard for the Court's ruling. I wonder if they think they only have to last out the court battles until they retake the Court as well.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2022, 07:21:28 AM »
And they will use our tax money against us in court.  The salaries of the anti-Constitutional people fighting to take our rights from us, the court fees, etc. all come at our expense.

I sure would like to see the people (elected or appointed) who work to squash our rights have to pay a certain amount of their salaries when they lose court cases they intended to damage our rights and the US Constitution.   As long as they have no "skin in the game" they will keep pushing laws/regulations they know are wrong as they fight to gain more and more control/influence over the rest of us.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline The Principal

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2022, 03:19:07 PM »
Restrictive States won’t do anything until a lawsuit challenges their practices, in my opinion.

Offline Skookum

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2022, 06:14:38 PM »
I sure would like to see the people (elected or appointed) who work to squash our rights have to pay a certain amount of their salaries when they lose court cases they intended to damage our rights and the US Constitution.   As long as they have no "skin in the game" they will keep pushing laws/regulations they know are wrong as they fight to gain more and more control/influence over the rest of us.

The authoritarians you refer to have each taken an oath to protect and defend the Constitution.  Thus, any such person who continues to make war on the American people by trying to shred the 2nd Amendment by any means other than amendment should be arrested and jailed then prosecuted for treason under penalty of death.  I think Congress would have to declare war before a charge of treason could be brought, but there must be a lesser albeit severe charge that could be lawfully made.  Resititution from the convicted's estate would be appropriate.

Perhaps a red flag law for tyrants found to be violating their oath of office?  Upon such a red flag being thrown confiscate the potential offender's entire estate until and if he can prove he never dissed the Constitution in violation of his office.
Skookum

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2022, 01:10:24 PM »
Unfortunately, California, New York State and Colorado have decided to flout the SCOTUS decision and dare them to do anything about it. This will be interesting.

anything