Author Topic: Range Day Yesterday  (Read 751 times)

Offline leftoverture

Range Day Yesterday
« on: August 14, 2022, 08:51:59 PM »
Sadly,  it had been a while since I got to the range.  Sometimes life just gets in the way.  But yesterday I had a fun day for sure.  First up, was my CZ 75C. One of my first guns and still my favorite to shoot,  I have left my wife  instructions to have it strapped to my hip when I'm dead....yea... I'm taking it with me. (OK, not really) It is like an extension of my hand, it's just so fun to shoot.  And accurate.

Next up,  my wheel gun. I used to carry this thing daily for the longest time.  Charter Arms On Duty in .38 special. These days it seems to spend most of its time in the gun safe so I thought it time I took it out.  The thing that's best about the On Duty is it's basically a J frame but with a grip big enough for all your fingers.  Light weight but easy to shoot and I was pleased to find I hadn't lost my touch with it.

Next up my XDS .45. I carry this gun fairly often as it is completely reliable,  and it's compact enough for those times I need to be extra discreet, plus the stopping power of .45 ACP.  Some people find it a bit tough to shoot,  but I don't mind it. 

Finished the day with more time with my 75 Compact. I always practice some longer shots. I did fairly well for a guy who hadn't practiced nearly enough lately.  And then,  I wandered out and drooled over the CZ Shadow 2 they have for sale. One day it will be mine. Or at least,  one just like it.

Now,  with any luck,  I'll be able to get some more range time in soon. It's been a while since I've had the Scorpion out!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Range Day Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2022, 09:59:52 PM »
You're right.

Most of us probably don't shoot enough.  I know I don't.  Been several months since I've been.  The last time I did actually shoot it was just to get 3 red dot pistols sighted in not even a box of ammo between the three.

My poor old CZ75 Compact, the one I used to carry (not the two I bought for my wife that she no longer carries either) hasn't been shot in a few years.  I get it down now and then, field strip it, wipe it down and relube it and put it away again. 

We've got a relatively "open" week coming up.  I need to talk my wife into going shooting, or go by myself when she goes shopping with a friend.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline leftoverture

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 09:53:50 AM »
What's better than one 75 Compact....three!  I actually have a P01, too, I carry that pretty frequently. I like the decocker for when I carry. 

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 01:47:27 PM »
Well, my wife shot my P09 .40 S&W and loved it.  I figured I was about to lose it and told her there was no way she could carry that gun all the time and hide it.

A week or so later I ran across a used satin nickle (CZ used to sell them years ago I've heard here) and bought that one for her.  She was fine with it till I bought a regular (nothing fancy) CZ75 Compact for a project I wanted to do.  She shot it better than she shot her pretty Compact and I lost that one.  I bought another for my project.  I'd only have the one if it wasn't for fear of losing my P09 .40.  I thought pretty, shiny and sort of rare would be the ticket.  It was till she found one (mine) that shot better groups.

I ought to carry her second one some.  It's got a DP Pro on it and I about have to have a red dot in case I lose my glasses (can't see the front sight without my glasses).
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

anything