Author Topic: I Added A Real Beauty Today / Update: Looks aren't everything  (Read 2822 times)

CZ_FANATIC

I Added A Real Beauty Today / Update: Looks aren't everything
« on: August 17, 2022, 11:11:15 PM »
My brand new Staccato P arrived today on my birthday. All Steel DLC Frame and Slide, DLC 4.4" Bull Barrel, and Optics Ready.
The Fit, Finish, and Overall Quality is Absolutely Outstanding. I'm ready for a range trip.  8)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 11:30:40 AM by CZ_FANATIC »

Offline Tanners Owner

Re: I Added A Real Beauty Today
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2022, 11:12:39 PM »
Congrats, looking fwd to a range report!
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline double-d

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 07:58:50 AM »

Offline Claymore504

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2022, 08:09:44 AM »
Congrats indeed! Let us know how it goes for sure. I was really thinking about this exact model sicne the DWX failed to happen. I am going to rent one at my local range soon and see how I like it.

CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 02:30:30 PM »
Thanks guys. I did a good clean and lube this morning and the build quality is very nice, as it should be. $$$$
I went to the range for the first 25 rounds and it appears I will need some trigger time for this one.
With most of my pistols I shot nice groups the first time out (see P-10 F 45 report), but not this one
My initial impressions of the Staccato P are... it's not worth the $2,500 price tag. (for me anyway)

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2022, 02:45:27 PM »
Very nice. Man, I'd like to get my hands on one of those some day. Congrats!

CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 09:01:14 AM »
Very nice. Man, I'd like to get my hands on one of those some day. Congrats!

Thanks, but after the first range session I'm highly unimpressed with it. I know the Staccato P is used as a duty sidearm
by many law enforcement agencies, but I would choose a CZ P-10F or Glock 19X over it any day of the week.

Offline Hammer Time

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 09:37:47 AM »
Thanks, but after the first range session I'm highly unimpressed with it. I know the Staccato P is used as a duty sidearm
by many law enforcement agencies, but I would choose a CZ P-10F or Glock 19X over it any day of the week.

Interesting, and glad to hear an honest review.

Offline Rmach

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 09:55:26 AM »
Thanks for posting your experience.

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
Re: I Added A Real Beauty Today / Update: Looks aren't everything
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 12:28:14 AM »
what did you not like about it? Do you generally like 1911s? Just curious, thanks for sharing.
The one stacato that I felt was super smooth but I didn't shoot it. It wasn't a poly gun either.
I wish CZ would make a single stack hammer fired poly or alu gun.
Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2022, 07:39:09 PM »
what did you not like about it? Do you generally like 1911s? Just curious, thanks for sharing.
The one stacato that I felt was super smooth but I didn't shoot it. It wasn't a poly gun either.
I wish CZ would make a single stack hammer fired poly or alu gun.

It's nice, just not quite what I was expecting I guess. I had never seen one in person and ordered sight unseen because everyone
always raves about them. I have been doing some dry firing with a laser cartridge and the trigger seems to be getting better.
Yes, I like quality 1911s, but this is a 2011 and has different ergonomics and would be better without the grip safety imo.
It may grow on me with some more trigger time, but maybe not. My CZ TSO & Beretta 92X Performance are hard acts to follow.

Offline topjack

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2022, 02:07:36 PM »
 Thanks for your take on her so far. She sure is a looker and also one I have been wanting. Some times it's a good thing to have a wife that looks at me and says
 no more toys until you sell something you already have. Oh well I don't see that happening anytime soon. Please keep us posted on if you thoughts change down the road.

CZ_FANATIC

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2022, 06:22:08 PM »
Thanks for your take on her so far. She sure is a looker and also one I have been wanting. Some times it's a good thing to have a wife that looks at me and says no more toys until you sell something you already have. Oh well I don't see that happening anytime soon. Please keep us posted on if you thoughts change down the road.

Yeah, they look pretty good, but they are just a Gucci Gun. I have pistols that are a quarter of the cost that are just as accurate. My youngest has been in love with 2011s, so I sold it to him and I ordered a Beretta 92G Elite LTT Centurion from Langdon Tactical. The Centurion will have the famous Langdon Trigger Job, NP3 Coatings, and the Barrel cut flush with the slide and crowned. All of this and I still have $1,000 left over from selling the Staccato.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 07:37:58 PM by Wobbly, Reason: Removed foul language »

Offline nick779

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2022, 06:53:25 AM »
So would you take a Tactical Sport over a P at this point?

anything