Author Topic: New CZ527 Varmint in .204  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Linkless

New CZ527 Varmint in .204
« on: September 05, 2006, 12:59:31 PM »
I just picked up a 527 in .204 last week.  Haven't had a chance to shoot it or reload for it but did take plenty of time looking it over this weekend.  I really like the size and weight of it as compared to my Savage 12FV in .223.  The stock on it seems to be of rather high quality wood as well, though I think the finish on it could use some work.  I'm thinking about stripping it and starting over but will likely wait a while before attempting that.  As for rings, I ended up with some Warne made for the 527.  Very high quality and have a locator screw on the underside that fits the grovve in the rear of the receiver.  Now for the parts I've found that I don't like...  The replacement magazines seem to be vary expensive.  I figure I will avoid paying that much for one by just buying an additional 527.  The barrel was rubbing the stock in two locations.  On the left side at the front edge of the stock and on the right side just forward of the receiver.  Some slight sanding with 120 grit took the edges off enough to get a piece of paper to slide freely up and down it.

I will be taking it out for break in and such this Saturday and hope to have results.  The following weekend I hope to have some loads worked up and tested out.  And hopefully by the third weekend I will have a 527 in .221 Fireball to review.  :-)