Author Topic: Next CZ purchase  (Read 10029 times)

Offline Laufer

• Retired from air transport business.
Re: Next CZ purchase
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2022, 12:43:33 AM »
Probably a CZ-83  8), in .380 acp,
 because the current lowest  prices for 9mm Mak ammo (for a CZ-82) are far higher than equivalent .380 acp. prices.

To be Able to check the DA pull, even just to be a range toy, requires that a gun be local.

A number of the CZ-83 Israeli turn-ins are reported to have DA pulls which are "gritty". I have no way to determine how common this is, with a very subjective topic.

About five years ago I should not have sold my very nice CZ-82 and about 500 rds. of its ammo, but gun interests were gradually changing and quick cash was always needed. Regrets. :(
That was during the Good days of Armslist. No longer used.

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/10294/11016581_1.jpg?v=8CE2D78DEEE4020   Just a fruitless attempt at Copy & Paste. Obviously the Mods don't want this to be done. ;)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2022, 12:53:59 AM by Laufer »

Offline Auslander

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2022, 10:57:41 AM »
I have too many as it is!  My wife is patient but I have to back off a while.

Now if they made an all-steel striker, with a non-swinging link Browning action and internal frame rails, I might consider….

Otherwise, I’ll “upgrade” to the Shadow 2 once my SP01 Shadow gets too beat up to repair.

452 American
452 Scout
453 American (.17 HMR)
75 BD
75 BD (Good deal, couldn’t help it)
75 D PCR
P10 F OR
P10 S
SP01 Shadow CZC RDS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A person must have a certain amount of intelligent ignorance to get anywhere."

Charles Kettering

Offline crc4

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2022, 06:46:05 AM »
I'm looking for a CZ PCR or other more compact CZ than my 75b. I don't need rails or anything else on my pistol but looking for something a little lighter in weight and a touch shorter. I'm not a tactical shooter anymore, but strictly a self-defense guy so a lighter, shorter CZ makes sense to me.

In the last decade, I've made it a rule that to bring a new gun into the fold something else must go. Prowling around to see what I don't use nor have any sentimental attachment to, I've decided to get rid of a Russian Mak and a FEG Hi-Power clone, take the proceeds and get a new CZ.

I'm open to and would appreciate any suggestions as to that next CZ 9mm.

Thanks.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2022, 10:33:24 AM »
I'm looking for a CZ PCR or other more compact CZ than my 75b. I don't need rails or anything else on my pistol but looking for something a little lighter in weight and a touch shorter. I'm not a tactical shooter anymore, but strictly a self-defense guy so a lighter, shorter CZ makes sense to me. ……

I'm open to and would appreciate any suggestions as to that next CZ 9mm.

Thanks.

crc4- the PCR is a great option.  I have one and really enjoy it.  I also would not eliminate the P01 or P01 Omega from your possible options, both are good guns as well.  Biggest difference between the P01s and PCR are the rail,  sights and LCI on the PCR

As I age, I find needing bold aftermarket sights is required.  While both guns have the same sights dovetails, the PCR has a ledge that is covered by the stock rear sight and there are very few aftermarket replacements.  This can make it somewhat awkward looking IMO.

While I haven’t had any issues with the LCI on my PCR, there have been some limited reports of LCI problems- usually loosening.

Regardless of what you choose, PCR, P01/ P01 Omega, you are on the right track.  I find the compact CZs possess the right balance of ergos, accuracy, capacity and carriability- good luck & please report back on your decision.

Have a happy thanksgiving
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Offline crc4

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2022, 12:55:37 PM »
Thanks for the advice. The Omegas are out because I have a Kadet as I understand they won't work with the Omegas.

I'll take a look at both the PCR and PO1. The rail is not a deal breaker and might be fun to play with. I have the Triton sights on my 75b and have found them useful so will go that way with either pistol.

Thanks again, and eats lots of food today. In my old-style Southern family, we have a tradition of slow-roasted pig's feet to go with the chicken, dressing, and dumplings. If you think of a slow-smoked pork butt for bar-b-que it's like that only juicier and richer. 

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2022, 02:18:45 PM »
Thanks for the advice. The Omegas are out because I have a Kadet as I understand they won't work with the Omegas.

I'll take a look at both the PCR and PO1. The rail is not a deal breaker and might be fun to play with. I have the Triton sights on my 75b and have found them useful so will go that way with either pistol.

Thanks again, and eats lots of food today. In my old-style Southern family, we have a tradition of slow-roasted pig's feet to go with the chicken, dressing, and dumplings. If you think of a slow-smoked pork butt for bar-b-que it's like that only juicier and richer.
You probably already know that the first Kadet kit design and not the Kadet 2 kit that doesn’t work with the Omega system. Instead, I’m here to drool over the slow roasted pig’s feet comment. This was a fantastic pig’s feet lunch that I had a couple months ago at a neighborhood pub in Prague. I did miss not having the bones! Happy Thanksgiving.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 04:42:40 PM by Wobbly »

Offline crc4

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2022, 03:53:03 PM »
I have the Kadet though I did just learn the Kadet 2 uses its own slide stop.  I'm hoping to find both the PO1 and the PCR at a gun shop to check them out. It's hard to get a pistol without handling them first though I did buy both the 75b and 97 that way.

Now to the serious issue. The pig's feet tradition for the holidays came from my parents who both grew up exceedingly poor in the country during the Depression. Pig's feet were often given as payment for helping butcher the hogs which occurred this time of year in cold weather. If the pig owner was generous you may get some side meat and, if real lucky, some hog jowl. Both my parents were fortunate to have good cooks in their family who knew how to make a tasty feast from very little. Though those poorer days were behind them when I was a little boy, they still enjoyed pig's feet and jowl. So I come by it honest. Those bones make good pickings and have the best meat and taste.

Glad to see there's a connoisseur of fine eating here. Happy Thanksgiving.

Offline Fyrfyter

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2022, 05:52:47 PM »
I'm looking for a Rami. I have had two over the years and regret letting them go.
Shadow 2
Shadow 2 Compact
SP-01
PCR
75 Police Model
P-01
Rami
85 Combat
P-10F
P-10C
P-10S
Bren 2 MS
Scorpion Carbine
600 .308
457 Varmint .17hmr
457 American .22lr

Offline Fyrfyter

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2022, 09:58:13 PM »
Rami if I can find one.
Shadow 2
Shadow 2 Compact
SP-01
PCR
75 Police Model
P-01
Rami
85 Combat
P-10F
P-10C
P-10S
Bren 2 MS
Scorpion Carbine
600 .308
457 Varmint .17hmr
457 American .22lr

Offline Leb101

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2022, 11:56:25 PM »
My only pcc is a mke ap5. I really want a cz scorpion next. The only thing holding me back is the strigbog and the assortment of sub 1k ar9's. I really wish the scorpion took glock mags I would have pounced on it, probably before the ap5.

Offline jlwolff911

« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2022, 10:37:13 AM »
More of a Sig guy but I love shooting my P01 omega with Cajun trigger. One of my better DASA pistols. SAO not doubt Sig p226 legion.

May pick up a P07 if given an opportunity.

A couple CZs in with a HK USP9 and Vp9 . Also my EDC Sig P365.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 05:40:15 PM by Wobbly »

Offline jlwolff911

« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2022, 10:39:41 AM »
My only pcc is a mke ap5. I really want a cz scorpion next. The only thing holding me back is the strigbog and the assortment of sub 1k ar9's. I really wish the scorpion took glock mags I would have pounced on it, probably before the ap5.
B&T makes a 9mm sub gun with Glock lower. Kriss vector takes glock mags as well. I have a 10mm and it is a soft shooter.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline Makaroviii

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2023, 02:15:55 AM »
Now that I got the P-10C in December...the P-10S is on the horizon. If, a G30.4 doesn't find its way into my safe before I get to it. A lighter weight .45 ACP may have precedence over another 9mm for winter carry.
Potestas Democraticorum delenda est!
NRA Endowment Member

The three most important components of stopping power are bullet placement, bullet placement and bullet placement. - Evan Marshall

Offline GregBFL

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2023, 08:26:25 AM »
I just purchased my first CZ, a P0-1 and I'm already trying to decide on what will be next. I own a bunch of striker fired handguns, but I really would like to try the P10 C. Then again, I've been on a hammer fired roll as of late so I'm drawn towards the Shadow 2 OR.

Offline Tanners Owner

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2023, 11:33:57 AM »
Now that I got the P-10C in December...the P-10S is on the horizon. If, a G30.4 doesn't find its way into my safe before I get to it. A lighter weight .45 ACP may have precedence over another 9mm for winter carry.

I have both a P10C & S.  For me, I find the C to be a better choice- size, capacity, concealed carry is very close to the S.  While I like the S, am not sure the small size reduction is worth it.  It may be for others but in my hands, it’s not.  It’s still is a good, reliable and accurate gun and will serve you well.

I recently acquired a SIG P320C in 45.  Very impressed with it- has the best P320 trigger OOTB.  Soft shooter too..  Had CZ brought out the P10 in 45 in a C version vs the full, I would have bought that.
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes