Author Topic: Cz 457 locater lug  (Read 626 times)

Offline skin

Cz 457 locater lug
« on: October 06, 2022, 03:37:44 PM »
 Messing around with my cz455's and cz457's taking them out of their stocks for a good cleaning. I noticed the barreled action moves quite a bit without the lug installed. Small sample of two factory stocks and two aftermarket stocks. The cz455's have barely any movement at all. Again small sample of one aftermarket stock and three factory stocks. On the cz457's with the lug installed, the movement was reduced, but still more than the cz455's.
 What does this mean? I think, and I've been wrong before, that cz went to a looser inletting to speed production and used the locater lug in the rear of the action to make up for some of the looseness in fit versus the cz455's.
 If you happen to take yours apart, check it out and let us know your thoughts.
 Thanks.

Offline Skoda

Re: Cz 457 locater lug
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 04:07:06 PM »
Greetings,  My 457 Pro Varmint is tight in the Boyd stock even before tightening the action screws.  I usually bounce the rifle butt  on the floor to seat the action in the stock before completely tightening the screws to 20 in. lbs. Make sure your recoil plate is tight in the stock.  If not use some aluminum tape for a tight fit in the stock cut out. Hope this helps.  Regards Carl

Offline skin

Re: Cz 457 locater lug
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 07:58:32 PM »
 Thank you Skoda.