Author Topic: First airgun  (Read 18269 times)

Offline Fred Flinstone

First airgun
« on: August 18, 2002, 06:29:24 PM »
What was your first airgun and what brought you to CZ line of airguns?

Offline woodchip

First airgun
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2002, 08:08:48 AM »
My first airgun was the Benjamen pump. You know the one...with the brass reciever. It was my fathers and I still have it today. No cz's in my possession. Airguns are great starters for kids...stronger than bb guns but not up to the power of cartridged bullets.

Offline Katastrofto

First airgun
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2002, 05:50:07 PM »

Quote:
Airguns are great starters for kids...stronger than bb guns but not up to the power of cartridged bullets.

Remember that you arent restricted to .177/.22 calibre on airguns today, you have 9mm etc etc even .50(!)  and im quite sure i saw a 7.62 airrifle some months ago on the net.

The 9mm airguns can easily be altered for 90 ft/lbs;)

Check this thread:
            rimfirecentral.com/forums...eadid=9017

Look at that cow elk at the bottom.. thats no toy gun:) ...

I posess two airrifles at this moment, a .177 airarms TX200 MK3 and the CZ slavia 631 lux..

My TX200 produces approx. 300m/sec Muzzle velocity, enough to down crows at well over 35 metres. Its heavy as hell so i usually just use it as a target gun, but it has some crows on its conscience...

My CZ 631 has a muzzle velocity of approx 220m/sec and is a dream to shoot. i mainly use it to dispatch crows out in my garden, the MV is a little low but with that accuracy (and a good scope) it really doesnt matter.. and im kind guaranteed that the pellet wont over pentetrate and go beyond the crow..  

it also serves me as a 10m indoor rifle.

I, like i said in a previous thread, grew up with the CZ 631, and i feel that no matter how old i get it still has its function as a target gun and a pest control rifle when my 452 lux is abit over the top..

and like any CZ weapon its accuracy matches that of guns 3-4 times its price...

Regards
            KAT

Offline marty

First airgun
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2002, 11:10:23 AM »
I am really, really new to the world of rimfires and pellet rifles and actually my only pellet rifle is a Slavia 630 which I bought 7 months ago. For a few dollars more I just liked the way it looked and felt in my hands. It cocks really easy and I just LOVE shooting it....its a lot more accurate than I ever thought it would be (but then again I didn't know much about pellet rifles either). Next I want to mount either a scope or a peep sight on it. It shoots at 495fps because I'm in Canada and it's law that you can't own anything that shoots over 500fps without a Firearms Licence....when I do get my licence I'd like to install a stronger main spring to bring the velocity up a bit...and maybe give it a tune and polish the stock up.

After the Slavia it was hard not to resist the temptation to go into real firearms. So I bought a BRNO mod. 1 which I'm going to shoot the second I get my Firearms Licence in the mail. And from there I don't know....maybe hunting (I'm really curious what wild rabbit and pheasant taste like)

marty

Offline ChrisPer1

First airgun
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2002, 01:08:25 AM »
Is that Air Arms TX200 a CZ-made gun? I have been looking at some posts about the S200 and Valiant and thought I saw a CZ logo on one.

They are not available here in Australia but I would love to have one.  At present I use a Gamo springer .177 for 10m targets with the kids at the youth club but I am looking for a more glamorous piece without going for a dedicated target rifle.

Offline Katastrofto

First airgun
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2002, 12:23:50 PM »
Hi there ChrisPer1!

The TX200 is an "true" Airarms rifle.

The S200 which by the way is a PCP (PreChargedPneumatic) is a CZ gun, but sold under the Airarms name. basically its a collaboration between Airarms UK and CZ.

The gun has "CZ200" and "made in Czech Republic" engraved on it.

Remember that its a PCP, so youll need either a special pump or a 300bar divers bottle to pump up its reservour.

I dont have that much experience with the s200 myself, so if you want more info regarding this gun , try this BBS:

www.airgunbbs.com

The s200 is veery popular on that site, and youll sure to get plenty replies on any post regarding it.

Offline Katastrofto

First airgun
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2002, 07:23:57 PM »
Hi Marty!

I think i have a surplus 631 mainspring somewhere in the house. its a full power one (220m/sec), if you like you could have it!

Regards
            KAT

Ps: also have a surplus 631 stock if youre interested.

Offline marty

First airgun
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2002, 08:09:46 AM »
Katastrofto,

Hey, I'd really like a a new mainspring!! Although I'm a little confused on the velocity.  The CZ website has Slavia 630/631 muzzle velocity listed as 170m/sec.

But whatever....if the overall dimensions of the springs are the same I can put the new one in and see what happens.

What's the best way to get in touch with you?

Marty

anything