Author Topic: Removing P07 decocker  (Read 480 times)

Offline gmccarty88

Removing P07 decocker
« on: January 11, 2023, 12:44:29 PM »
Found this forum searching for an answer and wound up coming across something. I’m installing the mcarbo trigger kit and following the video on YouTube. Same issue. The decocker comes out with no issue in the video, but it wouldn’t come out for me.

I attempted pressing it out from inside the frame with a tool and that did not work.

Finally, I thought there must be something catching. I don’t know how your hammer sits “completely” cocked, but I noticed I had some extra play. With my left hand, I took my index finger pressing the last bit of play out of the hammer and used my left thumb to press down on the ejector. The decocker came right out.

I am no expert. I don’t know why is was getting hung up, but it finally came out without damaging the decocker.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 12:51:57 PM by Grendel »

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • 'Live Long, and Prosper'
Re: Removing P07 decocker
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 12:52:55 PM »
The other guy (whose thread you posted in) hasn't been on the forum since last July, so this deserves it's own thread.
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
Re: Removing P07 decocker
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 01:56:11 PM »
Welcome from Georgia.

Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the sticky posts in the 'New Members' Forum and also the 'Important Information' sub-section.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

anything