Author Topic: Looking at CZ P07  (Read 1242 times)

Offline NavyToad

Looking at CZ P07
« on: January 12, 2023, 02:50:19 PM »
Hey guys,
New to the forum and love to read.
Was looking at a Sig 325xMacro and compared it to the P07. They’re real close size-wise and I like DA/SA. Leaning towards the CZ.

I’ve wanted a CZ for awhile and this looks like a good place to learn about them.
Nice meetin’ ya,
Todd
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 03:37:00 PM by Wobbly »

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
Re: Looking at CZ
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 05:50:11 PM »
Welcome from Georgia.

Please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the sticky posts in the 'New Members' Forum and also the 'Important Information' sub-section.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline Alcoy

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 06:26:24 PM »
Welcome Todd!  Thank you for your service.

Offline eastman

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 09:53:46 PM »
The CZ P-07 is my favorite "Plastic Fantastic"
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 06:07:38 AM »
Before I bought my first CZ I'd bought/carried Glock, XDM and M&P pistols.

A combination of lack of accuracy and lack of reliability (early M&P) set me on the road to either SIG or CZ as my next pistol.

Between the availability of thumb safeties, the accuracy and the availability of factory and aftermarket parts I bought a CZ.  After that first (P07 DUTY) I bought several more.  Still carry that P07 almost every time I leave the house to drive somewhere. 

Not all CZ's shoot like the best CZs but even the barely good ones shoot better than most other pistols.  The ones that shoot really good will amaze you.

A comment a lot of people make about their CZ's is "This pistol makes me look good."
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline cracker57

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 08:20:49 AM »
I too shot and carried M&Ps and the XDM,then I bought my first CZ a 75 bd full size.  the full 75 became my range gun and was so impressed with it I started to carry it. it was a bit heavy and big for EDC so I bought the PCR now its hard to bring myself to even taking the other guns to the range. I just love shooting my PCR and it goes with me most everywhere.
 the shield 1.0 still comes with me once in a while.
" This pistol makes me look good"
 just beware the czs like to multiply.

Offline Born2vette

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023, 09:35:43 AM »
My first nightstand pistol was a Glock 17. Never shot it worth a darn and always thought it was just me. Then I shot a buddies SP-01 and was amazed at the difference. G17 sold and got a SP-01 tactical (my first CZ) which still resides in my nightstand. I mostly carry a Rami or my PCR. However, the only polymer striker fired pistol I own is a Sig P365. I shoot it ok but bought it for when I need a really small carry pistol.

As said above, beware, CZs tend to multiplty.
SP-01 Tactical
75 D PCR fully Cajunized
2075 Rami B (9 mm), 85 trigger/reach reduction kit
75 SC Massada
97 B CGW reach reduction kit/‘flat’ trigger/race hammer
457 Varmint MTR
82, 9x18
P10C OR SR

Offline George16

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2023, 10:26:40 AM »
Welcome from Florida.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2023, 07:00:31 PM »
I too shot and carried M&Ps and the XDM,then I bought my first CZ a 75 bd full size.  the full 75 became my range gun and was so impressed with it I started to carry it. it was a bit heavy and big for EDC so I bought the PCR now its hard to bring myself to even taking the other guns to the range. I just love shooting my PCR and it goes with me most everywhere.
 the shield 1.0 still comes with me once in a while.
" This pistol makes me look good"
 just beware the czs like to multiply.

My youngest son will take his Beretta, P07 and CZ75 SA 9MM to the range.  The first two get a magazine shot through them and then he stands there and goes through magazines of ammo with the SA CZ75.  When I ask him why he's not shooting the other two he says, "Dad, you know I like shooting small groups."  His P07 isn't as accurate as my P07 or my P09 but it's still pretty good.  Just not as good as his CZ75 SA.

They absolutely multiply.  It's so easy to find a reason why you need another one.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline radagast

Re: Looking at CZ P07
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2023, 10:28:30 PM »
Welcome aboard from from an old Navy Vet in NJ.
     decided to get back into pistols after a 35 year hiatus (1911s in the Navy) and shopped around. Wanted a hammer and was down to a Sig or HK P30  before renting a P07. I was 70% sold before I took my first shot with it ! I liked the P09, but the balance of the 07 suited me better.
      Bought one online, and the Wife bought her own a year later. Although mine was rough initially, some polishing and a hard break-in have turned it into a great shooter. I'm really grateful for the info and encouragement I got from people in this forum ! The Wife's was a magnificent shooter right out of the box. 
"Let there be light"  and there was muzzle flash !

Offline ElmerKTM

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 07:45:28 AM »
Welcome from AZ!

Offline Bardock5499

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2023, 04:51:40 PM »
Welcome from the frozen north!